CTFM-FSW-Digits-Helloween_2022

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

CTFM-FSW-Digits-Helloween_2022

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

So I was searching Unreal Archive yesterday, looking for CTFM maps. And stumbled across my old DM map DM-FSW-Digits-Helloween][ that someone turned into a CTFM map. Not sure who it was. It doesn't say anywhere. So I decided to create my own CTFM version of the map. It seems like there is an issue with it on the server. The map loads fine, but after the match, the server reloads the map again. I cannot find any issues in the server log or UCC log. Below is a link to DL if you want to check it out. The original DM map was created in 2002, so don't hate it too much. It actually plays pretty well.
CTFM-FSW-Digits-Helloween-2022.rar
(4.09 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
https://youtu.be/DWzOzCmQpAE
Last edited by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx on Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: CTFM-FSW-Digits-Helloween_2022

Post by EvilGrins »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:11 ammap loads fine, but after the match, the server reloads the map again
Can't speak to servers, but that happens sometime in Practice Matches too.

Could be related to a random rotation of available maps, even random sometimes lands in the same spot, but should only count as a problem if it plays over and over more than twice.

Problem: Download of map isn't working exactly, I had to manually right click the link and choose "Save Link As".
Last edited by EvilGrins on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:10 am
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:11 ammap loads fine, but after the match, the server reloads the map again
Can't speak to servers, but that happens sometime in Practice Matches too.

Could be related to a random rotation of available maps, even random sometimes lands in the same spot, but should only count as a problem if it plays over and over more than twice.

Problem: Download of map isn't working exactly, I had to manually right click the link and choose "Save File".
Thank you. I will check the link when I get back from dinner.

Automatically merged

Okay, I added the map as an attachment and is working. Not sure what the issue was with the link.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Last time when I had this "re-start" it was about a Box checked for some reason - Auto Change Levels. I think if the map is not in original maps array, it's just restarting - or I might be wrong. However that Check-Box being suddenly checked, it did some of these reactions - even restarting game using first map which I had listed in DM list which I did not previously played. I'm not sure what does this change but it looks like it's happening at random. Of course, this is new to me... I did not have such issues some time ago. Coincidence with new patch ? Interesting... but I don't believe in coincidences...
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:38 pm Last time when I had this "re-start" it was about a Box checked for some reason - Auto Change Levels. I think if the map is not in original maps array, it's just restarting - or I might be wrong. However that Check-Box being suddenly checked, it did some of these reactions - even restarting game using first map which I had listed in DM list which I did not previously played. I'm not sure what does this change but it looks like it's happening at random. Of course, this is new to me... I did not have such issues some time ago. Coincidence with new patch ? Interesting... but I don't believe in coincidences...
I will see if I can find a boxed checked.