Awesome To See UT99 Still Going

Discussions about UT99
just_me
Novice
Personal rank: old school

Awesome To See UT99 Still Going

Post by just_me »

It is awesome to see this community still thriving.

Never understood why Epic didn't continue with UT. The fact that these communities are still going after two decades is a testament to not only the game but the communities as a whole. The concept of community based servers and the ability to create game modifiers and create maps was always the strongest part of the game that kept the experience fresh. Watched some gameplay the other day and it reminded me of just how fast paced and sweaty UT99 was. They nailed the scaling (players to map). movement, in game announcements, etc. Would be nice if Epic released a reboot on the new engines, but just don't screw it up like they did in 2003/2004. :P

Anyways ..... happy headshots and multi-kills to you all.

Regards,
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Awesome To See UT99 Still Going

Post by papercoffee »

And welcome to our forum!
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

just_me wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:21 am Never understood why Epic didn't continue with UT.
Actually, they did, but...
just_me wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:21 am Would be nice if Epic released a reboot on the new engines, but just don't screw it up like they did in 2003/2004. :P
Have you heard about the pre-alpha? Many posts about it, and too long to start again. So just a summary. A reboot was being developed, but the community would not agree on how they wanted the game to be. Too many opinions. Plus, they saw Fortnite was more profitable, so the team abandoned the pre-alpha. Results: the game can still sort of be played, but it does not feel right, it is unfinished and mostly untextured. :noidea
Also...it does not seem like Epic will work on UT ever again. Sorry.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Welcome back ;)

is this you from UnrealAdmin.org?

https://unrealadmin.org/forums/member.php?u=2755
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
just_me
Novice

Post by just_me »

TankBeef wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:34 pm
just_me wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:21 am Never understood why Epic didn't continue with UT.
Actually, they did, but...
just_me wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:21 am Would be nice if Epic released a reboot on the new engines, but just don't screw it up like they did in 2003/2004. :P
Have you heard about the pre-alpha? Many posts about it, and too long to start again. So just a summary. A reboot was being developed, but the community would not agree on how they wanted the game to be. Too many opinions. Plus, they saw Fortnite was more profitable, so the team abandoned the pre-alpha. Results: the game can still sort of be played, but it does not feel right, it is unfinished and mostly untextured. :noidea
Also...it does not seem like Epic will work on UT ever again. Sorry.
I did see that and Joe was a part of that. I'm sad I missed that as at the time I was in Puerto Rico for a few years on business and sadly my time for gaming was virtually nill. I'll have to take a look a the project though. Would be fun to tinker with it.

Automatically merged

Que wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:26 pm Welcome back ;)

is this you from UnrealAdmin.org?

https://unrealadmin.org/forums/member.php?u=2755
I lost my email from cox that was associated with my membership there...and nearly impossible to recoup my old just_me account. But yes that was me...well still is :P
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Ahh nice , not much happens there these days, basically serve's as an archive now. Until they turn off the lights and close the doors.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
just_me
Novice

Post by just_me »

Que wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:33 pm Ahh nice , not much happens there these days, basically serve's as an archive now. Until they turn off the lights and close the doors.
Sadly... all good things must come to an end. But nearly 25 years is a pretty long run. :)

We can all still dream of a perfect remake on UE5 though.