UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Both versions in medor.no-ip.org have the random health drops option, but in Pinata, weapon drops seem a bit broken (being unable to pick up weapons of a kind you already have, i.e. for ammo), as opposed to PinataRetail.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:45 pm Both versions in medor.no-ip.org have the random health drops option,
I checked out the umods in Pinata.zip and Pinataretail.zip from there and only the latter (which contains version 2 of PInata) has a random health drop - similarly of the versions you posted here, only the Pinata.u in PinataRetail aka Version 2 does - the readme for Version 2 says
A random health drop mode has been added in this version
Plus, as already noted, there's no reference to Health in the code of Version 1.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Ahh, I see. So that was the Version 1 after all, I thought you were saying that pinata.zip was shipping Version 2 of pinata.u as well, or something... Heh, thanks for clearing it up!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I tried to upload file "MH-JfF-Dalkove.WIP.7z" but I got the error "no new content found". But searching for archive name name gave no results and searching for map name "MH-»JfF«---Dalkove---.unr" even didn't work at all: it gave no messages.
(You can download it at my forum for testing.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

The problem is that package contains some mutators and weapons mods, so it doesn't recognise it as a map, or if its supposed to be a mutator, or other kind of mod.

I'd also suggest not uploading WIP content to the archive, as it becomes a mission to maintain once updates and final versions come out.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Forgot to mention, UT3 map pack support is up.

Similarly to other packages, if it contains mutators or gametype content/ini files/etc, it won't be picked up as a map pack; so map packs should only contain maps and their supporting content, distribute mutators and things separately.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

UT3 character/model support was added a few days ago, and now UT3 mutator support has been added as well (support for listing weapons, vehicles, etc as with the other games).
ShrimpWorks
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

any ideas why this happens @shrimp?
Attachments
SmartWFL-2.zip
(85.33 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Strange, it looks like it should work, I'll check, thanks

Automatically merged

Que wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:51 am any ideas why this happens @shrimp?
The problem is bad formatting of the .int file, which contains a trailing quote after the description, with no opening quote:

Code: Select all

Object=(Name=SmartWFL2.SWFL1,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description=Smart Weapons Fully Loaded")
ShrimpWorks
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

Ahh kk thanks.

Where does UA pickup Author-Names from?
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Que wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:02 pm Where does UA pickup Author-Names from?
For maps, from the level properties if set, otherwise for other things it tries, sometimes badly, to scrape the contents of READMEs and other text files to try to figure out what an author is.

For example on the MapVoteX submission, it found it correctly by finding in the changelog file:

Changelog for MapVoteX by ProAsm and no0ne
So usually having something like that will work.
ShrimpWorks
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

Ahh nice yeah quite a cool system you have there 😁
Very advanced.

Automatically merged

I see also you have images available do we just add a 256*256 .BMP to the package for the engine to recognize it?
i tried adding A bmp Image and our names to the Changelog.txt file..
but it did'nt appear to pick them up this round;

[3:04:55 pm]
Job created with ID 29632000
Received file(s): ssb111.zip, queue for processing
Picked up for processing
Scanning for viruses
[3:05:01 pm]
No viruses found
Picked up for processing
Begin scanning content
Found a MUTATOR in file ssb111.zip
Scan completed
Picked up for processing
Checkout content data branch ssb111zip
[3:05:47 pm]
Begin indexing content
[3:05:55 pm]
Indexed MUTATOR: SmartScoreBoard v111 by adding new DM Hud
Indexing complete
Submitting content and opening pull request
[3:06:28 pm]
Commit changes to content data
[3:06:28 pm]
Push content data changes ...
[3:06:30 pm]
Content data changes pushed
[3:06:30 pm]
Creating Pull Request for content data change
[3:06:32 pm]
Created Pull Request at https://github.com/unreal-archive/unreal-archive-data/pull/1835
[3:06:32 pm]
Submission completed
[3:06:39 pm]
Complete!
also you can remove this version from the archive as i have sent the latest version 111 just before.

https://unrealarchive.org/mutators/unre ... 96522.html

also. weird thing , I tried searching for it by searching for the word "smart" and got no hits. on several of our mods which are there.
including;

SmartWFL
SmartScoreBoard
SmartCTF
SmartDM
ETC..

https://unrealarchive.org/search/index.html?q=smart

it bought up a couple of mods that don;t include the word "smart" in them at all :confused2:

also done search for mapvote and only an old version came up..

here btw is a screenshot for mapvotex112

perhaps in the future we could have a "tagging" system where the uploader could enter up-to 5 keywords for use in search engine.
for example ; MapVoteX , MVX , Mapvote

then when someone searches for any of those tags then MapVoteX comes up.

Automatically merged

Just thinking.. it would cool if the website extracted any readme's and have Links to these so that passerbys could easily see what the mods/maps are about?
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Que wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:33 pm I see also you have images available do we just add a 256*256 .BMP to the package for the engine to recognize it?
i tried adding A bmp Image and our names to the Changelog.txt file..
but it did'nt appear to pick them up this round;
Any images included in the zip file will be added as images/attachments - there's no special log output for that.

For example in the SmartSSB 111 upload it attached the screenshot you included.

With regards to the tags idea, that's a reasonable idea to consider. I want to think about extending the upload form with some other options too, so maybe that can make it in there too. :tu:
ShrimpWorks
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Added an option to force setting the content type when submitting things via the website.

Please only use the option of you have first tried the auto-detect option first. Things will likely break if you set it wrong intentionally, and I will still be reviewing and rejecting obviously wrong submissions.

But it should help in the odd occasion where things are not detecting correctly, like a map that's shipped with a mutator, or a mutator with a test map, and things like that.
ShrimpWorks
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Note that http://ut99maps.gamezoo.org/maps has now changed address to http://ut99maps.net/