Nali Weapons 1 - The pack that started it all

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Nali Weapons 1 - The pack that started it all

Post by Feralidragon »

By request of a few people for some time (including one by PM today), I decided to re-release the first pack of Nali Weapons, aka NW1 or Nali Weapons 1 or even Nali Weapons 1.4 (the last version of NW1).

The last version of this pack was released on July of 2008, and this was actually my first official weapon mod. Therefore since basically all the links for this pack are gone, I uploaded my old pack again for anyone who wants to enjoy them.
And before someone say anything: yes, they suck, they are way overpowered, unbalanced, etc. I know, I did these when I just started to code, model, edit skins, etc... so... :tongue:

However, so far only a few people realized there are 2 hidden weapons in the pack which you find find through Ued only (a kind of Easter Eggs of the pack itself). They were the former prototypes of the Ionizer and Mobile Satelite.

Here's the download link and the old video:
http://www.filefront.com/17471611/NaliWeapons-v1.4.rar/

[youtube]tBE5kUWoM_k[/youtube]

Enjoy (or not lol :P )
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Nali Weapons 1 - The pack that started it all

Post by papercoffee »

:loool: Yeah!!

now I test this too .......but I don't write a review...no no. :mrgreen:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

LOL

All the links to this pack were dead, but I never bothered because this pack is quite buggy and it quite sucks in general (specially regarding effects and skins, only the ripper one is somewhat nice to look that, the rest is just garbage imo).
But one person PMed asking it, plus there were some people looking for it as well, so I uploaded it again.

The guy who PMed me sugested to present the 3 packs (at NW3 release) so I can show their evolution (specially visually), something I will do by comparing only 6 weapons from each each pack.

But in general, this pack quite sucks imo, so this upload is just for people who just want to have all the versions for some reason. :)
Diablo
Experienced
Personal rank: world's worst mapper

Post by Diablo »

Feralidragon wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:33 pm By request of a few people for some time (including one by PM today), I decided to re-release the first pack of Nali Weapons, aka NW1 or Nali Weapons 1 or even Nali Weapons 1.4 (the last version of NW1).

The last version of this pack was released on July of 2008, and this was actually my first official weapon mod. Therefore since basically all the links for this pack are gone, I uploaded my old pack again for anyone who wants to enjoy them.
And before someone say anything: yes, they suck, they are way overpowered, unbalanced, etc. I know, I did these when I just started to code, model, edit skins, etc... so... :tongue:

However, so far only a few people realized there are 2 hidden weapons in the pack which you find find through Ued only (a kind of Easter Eggs of the pack itself). They were the former prototypes of the Ionizer and Mobile Satelite.

Here's the download link and the old video:
http://www.filefront.com/17471611/NaliWeapons-v1.4.rar/

[youtube]tBE5kUWoM_k[/youtube]

Enjoy (or not lol :P )
Don't mean to necrobump or anything, but these early weapons kinda look like the original weapons but with a new coloe scheme right?

And can I install it after I installed the latest version of Nali Weapons 3? Will it conflict in some way?
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." -Xan Kriegor, 2341.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Diablo wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:01 amDon't mean to necrobump or anything, but these early weapons kinda look like the original weapons but with a new coloe scheme right?

And can I install it after I installed the latest version of Nali Weapons 3? Will it conflict in some way?
A couple things:
1. This post is so old that you added onto it after all this time... an admin might peek in your window tonight before you goto sleep and GLARE at you.

2. No, there will be no conflict. The file names between Nali Weapons 1, 2, 3, and (hopefully one day) 4 are not the same.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Diablo
Experienced

Post by Diablo »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:27 am
Diablo wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:01 amDon't mean to necrobump or anything, but these early weapons kinda look like the original weapons but with a new coloe scheme right?

A couple things:
1. This post is so old that you added onto it after all this time... an admin might peek in your window tonight before you goto sleep and GLARE at you.

2. No, there will be no conflict. The file names between Nali Weapons 1, 2, 3, and (hopefully one day) 4 are not the same.
In House Rules, it says ‘Don’t necrobump unless you have a pertinent question’ I had one.
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

Diablo wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:01 am Don't mean to necrobump or anything, but these early weapons kinda look like the original weapons but with a new coloe scheme right?
I am pretty sure that NW1 do not count as "early" weapons?
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

*GLARE*
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

I know it's Halloween and all, with the Day of the Dead right after on November 1st, but that doesn't mean that all the dead topics should be raised for the party. :wink:

I mean, at this point, any NW1 questions should probably go into a new topic instead, because people usually don't look at dates from the earlier posts, and may mistakenly see them as recent posts.
This topic for instance is so old (from 2010, from 12 years ago), that the download link I posted no longer works.

Having that said, and answering the questions, and adding a few more details:
  • NW1 is indeed a weapon pack that uses the standard UT weapons meshes, which is pretty much like most weapon mods out there: same weapons but with a different skin, different fire effects, etc;
  • NW1 only has 6 weapons as far as I remember (and no nukes), but they're stupidly overpowered (far more so than the mod sequels);
  • NW1 won't conflict with any known mods, including both NW2 and NW3.
It's one of my very first weapon mods after all, so its quality is what you would expect for a "first mod" kind of thing (terrible).

Anyone's free to have fun with them nonetheless, of course, if you manage to find them (they are probably hosted in a few places), but I personally see them as more of a "museum" kind of thing, as in where it all started, rather than something to have any fun with. :lol2:

I mean:

Diablo
Experienced

Post by Diablo »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:49 am*GLARE*
Good thing he doesn’t know where I live.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Diablo wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:48 pm
You hope... do you check your windows before going to sleep?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Diablo
Experienced

Post by Diablo »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:21 pm
Diablo wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:48 pm
You hope... do you check your windows before going to sleep?
Yep. Anyway, unless papercoffee has Spider-Man skills, I live on the 10th floor of an apartment so no one can get in.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I don't need spiderman powers... I have admin powers.
Diablo
Experienced

Post by Diablo »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:40 am I don't need spiderman powers... I have admin powers.
That’s even BETTER than spiderman powers!
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed duplicate post
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Now, before anyone closes this topic, I think the most important thing - now that it's been bumped up - is to provide active links for NW1.

Here they are, as I have found them: Medor and ut-files.

I would also like to request that they be added to Feralidragon's opening post.