Dwarf Models?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Chrysaor
Average

Dwarf Models?

Post by Chrysaor »

Has anyone ever seen a dwarf model and skin for UT? I looked through the unrealarchive and couldn't find anything.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Dwarf Models?

Post by OjitroC »

There are for UT 2k4 but that's not much use.

The Lego model is pretty small :P as are most of Roger McManus's models (though none of these are 'serious').

So imps, goblins, orcs, fairies, skeletons - yes but can't think of a dwarf model/skin.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Hello mate,
I really don't remember about dwarfy skins or models for ut99 but maybe, I say maybe, you can find something here: https://we.tl/t-5oew6ngYxH (link is valid for one week)
ALLUTSkins.7z is the complete skins package from old SkinCity website (now offline)...or take a look at medor website: http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Skins

cheers,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Closest thing I can think of is the Gollum model. Don't know if it is your cup of tea. :noidea
https://unrealarchive.org/models/unreal ... 4e703.html
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Chrysaor wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:02 pm Has anyone ever seen a dwarf model and skin for UT? I looked through the unrealarchive and couldn't find anything.
Not exactly, I mean not literal Dwarves but models that look shorter than others in a dwarves are short type way.
Attachments
11 SawBones.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Chrysaor
Average

Post by Chrysaor »

These are great, guys. The gollum model is legit. I'll play my next deathmatch by just following a few paces behind people and then bite their finger off when they turn around.

The orc is great, and I'll comb through the skins in that link, Pietro.

Honestly, I think if I can find something with a beard, I'll just fake it from there lol
Chrysaor
Average

Post by Chrysaor »

I found some great stuff. A really cool "Ork" skin in that zip from Pietro.

I wanted to use this in a Monster Hunt, but after looking into it, I'm not sure it's possible.
This threat ( viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13317&sid=131ba757 ... c81e21e4fd ) suggests that models are scripted very differently from pawns, so I can't use a humanlike model as a scripted pawn in a MonsterHunt.

Do I understand that correctly?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Chrysaor wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:36 am I found some great stuff. A really cool "Ork" skin in that zip from Pietro.

I wanted to use this in a Monster Hunt, but after looking into it, I'm not sure it's possible.
This threat ( viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13317&sid=131ba757 ... c81e21e4fd ) suggests that models are scripted very differently from pawns, so I can't use a humanlike model as a scripted pawn in a MonsterHunt.

Do I understand that correctly?
Is the Ork skin for the Botpack Soldier?

Models are for PlayerPawns (Players and Bots) and these are, indeed, scripted differently from ScriptedPawns. However there are at least 2 ScriptedPawns with PlayerPawn meshes that you can use in Monster Hunt - on this forum look for sektor's SHuman and Barbie's SBHumanefixes. Both of these are weapon holders, ultimately subclassed from the class Skaarj (Humane is a subclass of the Skaarj Trooper and SHuman is a WeaponHolder subclass of Skaarj - SHuman has a male and a female Commando and SBHumanefix has three male Commandos).

If your Ork skin is for the Botpack Soldier, then you can subclass any of those and swap the male Commando mesh for the Soldier mesh and change the skin to the Ork skin. You will need to look at the other default properties (like health, DrawScale, weapon etc, etc as these may not be what you want - SHuman has a number of hardcoded properties so look at the code to see what these are).

There is also a WeaponHolder class in SevenB which could be used but I haven't tried that (or at least I don't use it now) and so have no real info or experience of that.

For Unreal skins I use one of the many (human ScriptedPawn) subclasses in u2rtnp and merely swap the skins (and alter weapons, health, etc, etc).

If you are going to use the Ork skin in a Monster Hunt map for distribution then obviously all the related assets need to be included in the map or zip.

I don't have any direct knowledge or experience of 'producing' human ScriptedPawns for Monster Hunt but I do a lot of subclassing of the classes noted above to produce ScriptedPawns with a very wide variety of Player model messhes and skins that I use in Monster Spawn (obviously for my own use locally/offline).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:04 amIs the Ork skin for the Botpack Soldier?
Nope, it's a model... although there are orc skins for the Male Soldier, I have 3 of them and I converted one into my nitwit skin.

Orc:

Nitwit:

Some similarly orc type skins are the troll skins.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:08 pm
OjitroC wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:04 amIs the Ork skin for the Botpack Soldier?
Nope, it's a model... although there are orc skins for the Male Soldier, I have 3 of them and I converted one into my nitwit skin.
Since the OP said that he had found an Orc skin in that download, I assumed that it was a skin (particularly as you rightly point out there are orc skins for the Male Soldier, sone of which I use either for Bots or for Scripted Pawns) - obviously the WH40K Orc is a model as your screenshot clearly shows but it is not clear that the OP is referring to that.

What I said before about using the Soldier model still applies to the Orc model except that some of the code may need to be altered should there be animations in that model that are named differently to the animations in the code for the Commando and the relevant parent classes (as is likely depending on whether the Orc model is a conversion from a player model for Half Life, Quake, etc or a model produced specifcally for UT) or, indeed, that there are missing animations.

Skarz "Orcs is made for fighting" the Orc (a ScriptedPawn) on the hunt for Konoko
Skarz.jpg
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:46 pmSkarz "Orcs is made for fighting" the Orc (a ScriptedPawn) on the hunt for Konoko
Ooooh, i want that scripted pawn!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:03 am
OjitroC wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:46 pmSkarz "Orcs is made for fighting" the Orc (a ScriptedPawn) on the hunt for Konoko
Ooooh, i want that scripted pawn!
Well, use the method I've set out earlier and you, too, can have Skarz running around looking for 'humies to stomp, smash and eat' - there's loads of good clips in the Orc voicepack to use as well. The only slight 'issue' is that he(?) can be difficult to headshot as he stoops sometimes and one is not quite able to get an accurate shot as one is not sure where his head is (small or thin pawns are always a bit more difficult to get a clean one-kill shot on).

To 'make' Skarz as he is seen above (and heard if you could hear him), you need the Humane package, Barbie's SBHumanefixes, the Orkz model and skins, the Orc Voicepack and the ImpalerUT.
Chrysaor
Average

Post by Chrysaor »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:04 am Is the Ork skin for the Botpack Soldier?
Yes, that's correct. I should have been more clear. EvilGrins' model & skin are great, but it wouldn't fit the style of textures I'm using in the map. I found an ork in the package Pietro posted that is more what I was thinking. I'll attach a picture. The skins fit the Male Soldier.
...there are at least 2 ScriptedPawns with PlayerPawn meshes that you can use in Monster Hunt - on this forum look for sektor's SHuman and Barbie's SBHumanefixes. Both of these are weapon holders, ultimately subclassed from the class Skaarj (Humane is a subclass of the Skaarj Trooper and SHuman is a WeaponHolder subclass of Skaarj - SHuman has a male and a female Commando and SBHumanefix has three male Commandos).

If your Ork skin is for the Botpack Soldier, then you can subclass any of those and swap the male Commando mesh for the Soldier mesh and change the skin to the Ork skin. You will need to look at the other default properties (like health, DrawScale, weapon etc, etc as these may not be what you want - SHuman has a number of hardcoded properties so look at the code to see what these are).
I looked for for direct downloads of SHuman.u or maps that might have the package included and couldn't find any here or on unreal archive. Shit even googling it yielded poor results. :noidea:
I had better luck finding Barbie's SBHumanefixes, but since these are commandos, the soldier skins don't fit. If I understand you correctly, I need to subclass the SHuman or SBHumanefixes to use the Soldier mesh instead, and then once that is in MyLevel, I can apply the Ork skin to it. Am I even remotely close lol? Sorry, coding is my kryptonite.
I don't have any direct knowledge or experience of 'producing' human ScriptedPawns for Monster Hunt but I do a lot of subclassing of the classes noted above to produce ScriptedPawns with a very wide variety of Player model messhes and skins that I use in Monster Spawn (obviously for my own use locally/offline).
I'm not sure I follow you here. Supposing I figure this out and subclass my soldiermesh-sbhumanefixes, will it be stable for online play?

It just seems like mappers could populate very creative monsters if we had access to the thousands of skins the community has already made for stock Epic models.
Attachments
Ork Example 1.jpg
Ork Example 1.jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 569 times
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:08 pm Orc:
Dat *ss... :lol:

TankBeef wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:59 pm Closest thing I can think of is the Gollum model.
Do you happen to have a screenshot of it? Just to see what it looks like in-game.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Chrysaor wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 am I found an ork in the package Pietro posted that is more what I was thinking. I'll attach a picture. The skins fit the Male Soldier.
Yes, I thought it was probably that skin - I use it for one of my bots.
Chrysaor wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 am I looked for for direct downloads of SHuman.u or maps that might have the package included and couldn't find any here or on unreal archive
If you want to use SHuman you can find it here SHuman.zip
Chrysaor wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 am If I understand you correctly, I need to subclass the SHuman or SBHumanefixes to use the Soldier mesh instead, and then once that is in MyLevel, I can apply the Ork skin to it. Am I even remotely close lol?
Yes that's correct. Given the size of all the packages you don't need to MyLevel them but just include them in the download - however putting them in MyLevel is certainly one way to do it.
Chrysaor wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 am Supposing I figure this out and subclass my soldiermesh-sbhumanefixes, will it be stable for online play?
I have no reason to suppose that it would not be stable for online play though, as I say, I have no experience of doing that.

One potential issue with substituting meshes could be log spam from missing animations/different animation names (and models not moving or behaving 'properly') but this is not the case with the Soldier mesh - I have not had any log warnings nor any odd behaviour from using the Soldier mesh with SBHumanefixes. A couple of examples recently 'made' using some of EG's skins

Casper the (not so friendly) Ghost
Casper.jpg
Ultraman
Ultraman.jpg