Dwarf Models?

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: Dwarf Models?

Post by TankBeef »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:14 am
TankBeef wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:59 pm Closest thing I can think of is the Gollum model.
Do you happen to have a screenshot of it? Just to see what it looks like in-game.
pic2_id90.jpg
Now wait a second, look what I found, I may try this one tonight
pic2_id647.jpg
Chrysaor
Average

Post by Chrysaor »

Okay, I have working, armed Orks! Thanks for your help. One step closer to my first MH map.

Out of curiosity, what texture set are you using in in those pics? I found a similar jpg on my hard drive and have no idea where it came from.
Attachments
mur053.jpg
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

TankBeef wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:02 pm
pic2_id90.jpg
It looks nothing like Gollum, it looks more like a random alien from a B-movie :lol2:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Chrysaor wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:31 am Out of curiosity, what texture set are you using in in those pics?
They are from the EnAlBladeDEMO texture package - in the pics used in a (LOL) map QuadCity - a vast series of 'quads' linked by passageways.

I find that I wasn't completely accurate when I said that there were no animation issues with the Botpack Soldier (or, indeed, with the Commando) when using the SBHumanefixes. The parent class Skaarj calls a 'Swim' animation and this gives rise to the following log warning

Code: Select all

(Function UnrealShare.Skaarj.TweenToSwimming:0029) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Swim' not found in Mesh 'Commando'
The swimming animations in both those meshes are 'SwimSm' and 'SwimLg'. So the following function

function TweenToSwimming(float tweentime)
{
	if ( (AnimSequence != 'Swim') || !bAnimLoop )
		TweenAnim('Swim', tweentime);
}

needs to be altered accordingly by replacing 'Swim' with one of the swimming animations that do exist in the Commando/Soldier mesh (altered by putting the amended function in the code of your subclass and compiling it). In practice, I don't think that error gives rise to any significant observable odd behaviour when a soldier/commando is swimming but altering the animation should get rid of the errors in the log.

A lot of models don't have a specific 'Swim' animation - instead they have the 'SwimSm' and 'SwimLg' animations so the issue is not limited to the Commando/Soldier meshes.

Of course if you don't have water or any other medium in which the swimming functions would be called in your map then the issue will not arise.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:24 am
TankBeef wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:02 pm
pic2_id90.jpg
It looks nothing like Gollum, it looks more like a random alien from a B-movie :lol2:
And I completely agree. But I don't care. This is a very funny model to play against with. :D I like to keep it around.
Chrysaor
Average

Post by Chrysaor »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:00 am They are from the EnAlBladeDEMO texture package - in the pics used in a (LOL) map QuadCity - a vast series of 'quads' linked by passageways.
Huh. I downloaded the map & utx. Very similar to mine. I downloaded my version as jpgs from some forum in 2002ish. Mine are much better - 1024x1024, and while I don't have many he uses in that texture pack, I have others that I love. Must be ripped from the same game or demo. I'll try to remember to send you the utx when this project is done.
I find that I wasn't completely accurate when I said that there were no animation issues with the Botpack Soldier (or, indeed, with the Commando) when using the SBHumanefixes. The parent class Skaarj calls a 'Swim' animation and this gives rise to the following log warning

(Function UnrealShare.Skaarj.TweenToSwimming:0029) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Swim' not found in Mesh 'Commando'
The swimming animations in both those meshes are 'SwimSm' and 'SwimLg'. So the following function

function TweenToSwimming(float tweentime)
{
	if ( (AnimSequence != 'Swim') || !bAnimLoop )
		TweenAnim('Swim', tweentime);
}

needs to be altered accordingly by replacing 'Swim' with one of the swimming animations that do exist in the Commando/Soldier mesh (altered by putting the amended function in the code of your subclass and compiling it). In practice, I don't think that error gives rise to any significant observable odd behaviour when a soldier/commando is swimming but altering the animation should get rid of the errors in the log.

A lot of models don't have a specific 'Swim' animation - instead they have the 'SwimSm' and 'SwimLg' animations so the issue is not limited to the Commando/Soldier meshes.

Of course if you don't have water or any other medium in which the swimming functions would be called in your map then the issue will not arise.
That's actually really good to know. I hadn't planned on any of the orks swimming, so I'll probably forgo the coding, but now I know not to put them in that position.