Turboman's The One release over at OldUnreal [227j].

Discussions about everything else
ExpEM
Adept

Turboman's The One release over at OldUnreal [227j].

Post by ExpEM »

The One for Unreal227j has been released!
https://www.oldunreal.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 45#p101445

Turbo man has done a fantastic job of showing off the new 227 features in his new campaign.
9.5/10 recommend for everyone who has a copy of Unreal, and if you don't have Unreal it's worth picking it up just to play The One!
Signature goes here.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Re: Turboman's The One release over at OldUnreal [227j].

Post by Deepu »

This is great
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Turbo asked for feedback btw about if people want him to release an additional older version which also will work under UT. That will also mean I won't have to work on converting all these extra features for UT. So tell him if you're interested.
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

This is not possible to convert to UT, if it is possible it requires more time to convert so stay this mod in Unreal and Unreal Gold.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Deepu wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:49 am This is not possible to convert to UT, if it is possible it requires more time to convert so stay this mod in Unreal and Unreal Gold.
Did you read what I said? I don't think you really did. This was about him releasing an older version that wasn't yet built on the 227 features, as an extra. That's what he is asking feedback for.

As for conversion, I am sure I could do a conversion with a lot of tricks but it will take a long time and it won't look/behave as good. Tricks including replacement of staticmeshes with movers/invisible hulls combo and such trickery and replacing the particles with one of the avaiable custom particle effects for UT, etc. Also employing hacks like xmesh etc.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Finaly another message and release from him. :tu:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

I saw that message, if it's already done then release it.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Cagued edition...
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

A new trailer, LOL

this should be the canon version

:loool: :ironic2:
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:01 pm A new trailer, LOL

Is this converted to UT?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Deepu wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:10 pm
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:01 pm A new trailer, LOL

Is this converted to UT?
No, this is the glitchreal mod. It is a randomizer and based on similar ideas for other games like glitch-life etc.
Ath3na
Novice

Post by Ath3na »

Yes, I'd very interested by a UT version. Many thanks for your job which may us continue to dream under the Unreal world :-)
Ath3na
Novice

Post by Ath3na »

PS : is it normal we can not play The One in coop mod ? My mates always crash when they try to join the game. I use the map ONE01a.
Did someone have the same problem ? How did you solve it ?

Edit 10/03/2023 : we found the fix, apparently the problem was coming from emitter.u and emitter.dll. One of my friends didn't havethe same version than me, and the other, a person who doesn't know the IT, couldn't install the dll because she hadn't the admin rights, but didn't see the problem.

C'est la 164ème campagne multimap que je teste, si j'ai le courage d'écrire mes impressions et de les traduire en anglais, je vous donnerai le résultat.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Just started playing, my first impression is, it's like GTA but with Unreal, in that, not sure what do do because there is no consequences , for doing something out of order, or, Not doing something, or a forced way pressing a button , but you ain''t sure what it does. I keep waiting for the impassable level.

However, you can still save at anytime, if needed. BUT it makes you save a game, because there are so many areas to check out and make sure you can get through, and check out the graphics.

This game is SP from a well tuned mapper that actually played the game way back. And you can tell in the levels, and makes it hard, by not knowing what to do, along with surprise fighting, and nicely done , environments for 3D on a flat screen and all his older mapping experience pours into this. (along with known others) Don't get all the credit, lol.

Fucking awesome so far, a little obscure, cryptic, but matches the amount of enemies (I only played to the Krall attack on the "western" door.. BUT !!! I HAVE to go back with a save because I want to scope out other sections first. And that is why this is great, more-so than graphics that make you feel the place.

So upgrading Unreal to 227, it all seemed to work, as you can see here, you can make a pretty friggen good
game.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

All I can say is I can't believe anyone, even made this mappage.
Not a small campaign in my opinion.

It's not about the , unreal gold, aspects, it could be for any engine for that matter. Really good job and the creativity is just so cool.
It has a lot in it from a mapping point of view, a lot of work bigtime.

The game takes some time to make sure you seen it all and do the things you are supposed to be doing.

As for Unreal gold, the start up fake crash was the only thing that was wrong, just hit OK twice. The GUI don't crash if you use the stock Unreal GUI menus, I used the unreal gold menu and makes it crash at startup.. I used the regular OpenGl, I dunno it just seemed better.

It's massive, has the Unreal look but with other effects, only like 3 BSP-HOM spots that I came across, like how the hell did he do it. :tu: :tu: :tu:

The OoooNly complaint of the game is trying to read the small print, in-time and not ending along with the voice time. So I can't read fast enough, my idea was force it to use clicks or a key to proceed in a conversation and the text never disappears till ya click. That is Unreal's fault from the same translator font problem, otherwise there is no other thing I can think of.
The bow and grapple thing works very good too.

That is what you might get while using the Unreal Gold Menu GUI. So if that happens just click OK twice and it pops into the Unreal flying intro. There was no other crash throughout or from the game, Nvidia, win 7 64, pro, "OpenGL".
Attachments
CrashUgoldJ.jpg
Last edited by Red_Fist on Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Binary Space Partitioning