House rules #9 are clear?

Discussions about UT99
Dennis
Average

House rules #9 are clear?

Post by Dennis »

I do not understand house rule #9?
9. No proposals / postings / threads to right-wing extremists offers or similar unconstitutional contents. This applies to avatars as well as to signatures.
Does this rule only aply to members from within USA? It seem to be bound to the constitution wich is only in effect in the USA? One very political rule I must say and politics are already covered in rule #5 so what is it I must pay attention to when reading rule #9?
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: House rules #9 are clear?

Post by OjitroC »

USA is by no means the only country with a constitution (whether codified or uncodified) so you are right that this rule is unclear in a narrow sense - which constitution does the Rule refer to? Is it the constitution of the country in which a poster resides for example?

In a broad sense the meaning is clear - in essence 'nothing on the forum should refer to or relate to right-wing extremeism' or to similar ideologies.

I have no idea what the precise legal position is but it is possible that, since the UT99.org server is located in France, 'unconstitutional' would be something that did not conform to, or conflicted in any way with the provisions of, the constitution of France.

I'm not sure that there is a major issue here - given that this question has only now been raised - but possibly the Rule needs to be rewritten to achieve greater clarity (and to broaden its scope to include racism, sexism, homophobia, etc, etc)? Should it refer only to a constitution ('unconstitutional') rather than to legislation?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Yeah, a lot of these types of rules basically come from standard templates, which are often written by US people, thus they often take mostly into account their own constitution and laws from their own country.

I guess to prevent confusion such as yours, probably the "unconstitutional" part should simply be removed, given that constitutions vary, and quite a lot, across different countries.
Or it could be replaced with "similar ideologies" instead.

Right-wing extremism, on the other hand, means the same regardless of the country, since it's defined the same globally, so that one should be already clear enough.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

In the end, what I "do not understand" is why this is an issue, why you brought it up, what are you trying to achieve by bringing it up, and if you think people in this forum are naive and stupid. :noidea
Someone else, about a week ago or so? :what: Tried to link to some pseudoscience misinformation crap video. :wth: We do not, or at least I think we don't, need that junk around here.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Dennis wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:59 am I do not understand house rule #9?
Keep it simple, don't discuss politics.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

TankBeef wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:41 pm In the end, what I "do not understand" is why this is an issue, why you brought it up, what are you trying to achieve by bringing it up, and if you think people in this forum are naive and stupid. :noidea
Someone else, about a week ago or so? :what: Tried to link to some pseudoscience misinformation crap video. :wth: We do not, or at least I think we don't, need that junk around here.
I just asked a question? What others do have nothing to do with this why do you chain that together? I do not think people in this forum are naive and stupid that is your words and thoughts in your mind do not twist your thoughts into be something I have said just stop.
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Well, this is the 9th from my HOUSE RULES!?! post:
EvilGrins wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:31 am- For every meal a place must be set for Shade.
And my "officially UNOFFICIAL rules for the UT99 forum" post didn't have a specific 9th rule, but here:
EvilGrins wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:48 pmWARNING: If you consistently make double posts more than a few times, admins will track down where you live and leave a bag of burning poop on your doorstep.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Dennis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:17 pm I just asked a question?
Well...people do not "just ask a question". There is always a reason.
And I respect if you do not want to, there is no obligation, but...the way you are concerned about that particular rule comes out as if maybe (not saying that you are, I say maybe) you are trying to find a loophole to be able to post right wing extremism stuff. Cause I agree, the rule may seem redundant, but I do not see it doing any harm. :noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm not going to discuss rules established but I was wondering about sudden new "members" some of them are fascinating by ID used - first 4-5 letters of two with unreadable words are joined and I think they are just BOTS and nobody is saying anything, nor wiping floor. For duplicated accounts, rule seems discarded as well.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:47 pm I'm not going to discuss rules established but I was wondering about sudden new "members" some of them are fascinating by ID used - first 4-5 letters of two with unreadable words are joined and I think they are just BOTS and nobody is saying anything, nor wiping floor. For duplicated accounts, rule seems discarded as well.
Banned those two