About the UMSSpace marine models from U1

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Nakron
Novice

About the UMSSpace marine models from U1

Post by Nakron »

Anyone have the models or know where to find the terran UMS Space Marine playermodels from Unreal 1 to work on UT99? i tried my best to find it but can't find it im surprised that until this day no one ever made one. I mean the only thing i found about these models was a mutator called ''SpaceMarinez v1.08'' and that's it that one that replaces the default armor plate with the UMSSpace marine armor but doesn't work as a class/model itself in playersetup so when the armor goes 0 or we die we loose the model but some times a fun bug happens and you get stuck with the UMSS model the entire match.

8) enjoy the prints:

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: About the UMSSpace marine models from U1

Post by EvilGrins »

I do not know, but this particular topic has come up before a number of times.

Somebody asked most recently as of a few months back though I can't find the post now. I did a serious deep dive looking, but found nothing.

20 minutes later
Found one of them...
UTNerd24 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:22 pm Ive seen this gamemode before, However its only that. I swear i've seen an actual playermodel of the UMS Marine.

EDIT: Image Looks like its for Unreal, But I'm convinced through a few script tweaks it can be used in UT. I doubt anyone will wanna make Team Skins though.
...though it was in an unrelated thread for different models.

He was wrong about team skins, as they technically already exist. The summonable monster has urban skins, desert skins, jungle camo... which work for team colors blue, yellow, and green. Would need to edit a red, if a player model ever were found.

5 minutes later
Found another...
UnrealFox wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:02 pm Maybe someone knows if there is such a model for the game? We made a model with one guy, but stopped talking to him and i lost the model when reinstalling windows :oops:
...guess that covers the red.

From this thread · viewtopic.php?t=14019
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

AFAIK there is no UMSSpacemarine model for UT - there is the marine package (marine.u, etc) which is similar but not the same.

However some quick and dirty subclassing produced this
UMSspmar.png
The model works OK - a five/ten minute play did not produce any log errors - which is not to say, of course, that there wouldn't be any. The mesh is taken from umsspacemarine.u and I subclassed TournamentMale to produce a Player 'model' - so no bot. To get better skins I think one would need to extract the skins one wants to use from that package and produce a separate .utx file for them.

Like I say this is a quick and dirty method to produce something for off-line play only.
UnrealFox
Novice

Post by UnrealFox »

Yes, I used to work on this model. But I lost it. =(
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Before the umsspacemarine mod, there was a mod by winged unicorn and someone else still, that had the marine as a playerpawn. However this mod was requiring UPak and afaik it got lost/not released fully public, but Hyper.nl might have it if you ask him, he had a screenshot of this in his screenshot section.
UnrealFox
Novice

Post by UnrealFox »

https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal/addo ... ayer-model
found this, can someone convert to UT?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I think it should be possible yes, but right now it requires UPak. Do you have a version of UPak for UT or do you want the UT port to not use UPak at all and be standalone?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

There's at least 2 versions of UPak for UT so it's probably better that the port should be standalone to avoid any possible issues.

The Alex_D_SpaceMarinePlayer mesh is rather limited in that there are only 2 Dead animations and no anims for Dodge, Strafe or Flip nor, indeed, for Fighter. It does have Talk anims which could be used for the Player Chat anims. So, as it stands, it won't 'look' or behave precisely like a UT Player or bot - which may or may not be a bad thing - the SpaceMarine is rather 'clunky' anyway as the Run anims are very different to the default UT Player/bot anims and it runs more slowly or, at least, appears to as the strides are shorter.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

In that sense the marine from the umsspacemarine mod is a better choice as turboman added new anims for them. But if you insist on this one, the animations for dodging can be substituted for that one frame "jump" animation.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:37 pm In that sense the marine from the umsspacemarine mod is a better choice as turboman added new anims for them. But if you insist on this one, the animations for dodging can be substituted for that one frame "jump" animation.

The marine from umsspacemarines would indeed be a much better choice - many more anims than the Alex_D_SpaceMarinePlayer mesh - the only anim the umsspacemarine really lacks is the Flip anim which is only one frame in that mesh - the default models seem to use Flip sometimes when they jump over low obstacles (or when they do a melee attack) so the one frame Flip wouldn't look too good but the rest of it is fine.

The other problematic omissions from the Alex_D_SpaceMarinePlayer mesh are the StrafeL/StrafeR anims - I suppose one woud have to use the normal WalkLgFr/WalkSmFr anims instead.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

The Flip stuff was only introduced in the new UT animations around version 300 or something, so yea it is lacking obviously in the anims.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

UnrealFox wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:53 pm https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal/addo ... ayer-model
May not need conversion. Just opened the .u in UnrealEd... AND THEY SHOW UP!
Attachments
SpaceMarines.png
SpaceMarines.png (6.93 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:22 am
UnrealFox wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:53 pm https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal/addo ... ayer-model
May not need conversion. Just opened the .u in UnrealEd... AND THEY SHOW UP!
Indeed that package can be opened in the UT Editor - which is why I was able to view and discuss the Player model's animations. However the model won't run in UT - trying summoning one of those bots in a game and see what happens.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:37 amIndeed that package can be opened in the UT Editor - which is why I was able to view and discuss the Player model's animations. However the model won't run in UT - trying summoning one of those bots in a game and see what happens
I was going to try ZenCoder's method · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/159371.html · map them as team assigned bots directly onto a map.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:44 am
OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:37 amIndeed that package can be opened in the UT Editor - which is why I was able to view and discuss the Player model's animations. However the model won't run in UT - trying summoning one of those bots in a game and see what happens
I was going to try ZenCoder's method · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/159371.html · map them as team assigned bots directly onto a map.
It's easier and quicker that, whilst in the Editor, you open up a map, start it and summon in one of those bots.
Spoiler
... they don't work as they are for Unreal and have properties found only in the Unreal Engine. It's not unusual for Unreal model packages to be capable of being opened in the UT Editor - that doesn't mean though that they will run in UT.