https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/ne ... 9yUdPkKkXA
So what does this mean for us?Epic is turning off online services and servers for some older games
December 14, 2022
Starting today, we will begin turning off out-of-date online services and servers for many older games in the Epic family as we move to solely support Epic Online Services with its unified friends system, voice chat features, parental controls, and parental verification features. Most titles will be playable offline, while some will no longer be playable. We apologize to the players affected by these changes.
The following titles will have all online services disabled on January 24, after which players can continue playing single or local multiplayer modes offline:
1000 Tiny Claws
Dance Central 1-3 Note: Dance Central VR online multiplayer will remain available
Green Day: Rock Band
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess
Rock Band 1-3
Note: Rock Band 4 online multiplayer will remain available
The Beatles: Rock Band
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Unreal II: The Awakening
Unreal Tournament 2003
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3 Note: We have plans to bring back online features via Epic Online Services in the future.
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition
We have started removing games that were still available from all digital storefronts and are disabling any in-game DLC purchasing as of today. We also removed the Mac and Linux versions of Hatoful Boyfriend and Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star from storefronts today, as well as the mobile title DropMix. Players who already own these titles will still be able to play.
Battle Breakers will shut down and no longer be accessible to players on December 30. We will automatically refund players for any in-game purchases made via Epic direct payment 180 days prior to today. Unreal Tournament (Alpha), Rock Band Blitz, Rock Band Companion app and SingSpace will be shut down and no longer accessible to players on January 24.
Thank you to all of the players and communities who have enjoyed these titles over the years.
~ WHAT THIS MEANS FOR US ~
For those that don't want to read through the thread, the synopsis is this:
Epic's PR Team has completely dropped the ball and created a lot of chaos within the Unreal Communities at large by posting the above news, making it seem that they are erasing The Entire Unreal Franchise from the face of the internet as well as several other titles that they are no longer supporting.
As expected, they are not going to open up about this obvious attempt to sweep the colossal failure of Unreal Tournament 4 under the rug any time soon, but thanks to the communities at large and a massive social faux paw about the future status of UT3, it is not the end of Unreal Tournament.
- 1. Unreal Gold and Unreal Tournament GOTYE community master servers will continue running.
-Gaining access to most of them requires tinkering with ini files or updating to the 469 patch available here: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTournamentPatches
-Additional Master Servers can be added to the list via Buggie's instructions below: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15589&sid=e4c1ac9a ... 63#p139905
- 2. Unreal Tournament 2004 official master servers will be shut down, however a Community Master Server is in the works via Openspy and currently running.
-Follow this link for further instructions: https://ut2004serverlist.com/
- 3. Epic, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to rebrand Unreal Tournament 3, the 2nd least popular Unreal game, as "Unreal Tournament X..." Or "3 X?" - a free to play "cross platform" version of UT3. Truly a hands-on approach to being completely out of touch, but it's better than nothing. After all, it is the most modern, balanced and complete UT game to date. I say we support it!
-"No microtransactions and no strings attached. This is the fully-featured, award-winning first-person shooter you fell in love with… completely free." yeah okay
-Epic have made absolutely no announcements about doing this aside from updating the UT3 Steam page, which is currently hidden from public search engines.
-Unreal Tournament X will be the only available Unreal game over Steam, GOG and The Epic Online Store. Release was scheduled for Spring 2023.
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/14/235 ... ansactions
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/unrea ... 0-6510055/
https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-is-delisti ... nt-3-free/
Hopefully it can be built into something better?.. I'm trying to be positive here.
EDIT: Turns out leaks have confirmed that the reasoning behind UT3X coming to fruition is because of the new features being implemented with the Epic Online Store.
- More details provided by Ferali's post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15589&p=140318#p140318
EDIT: Turns out there is also another Master Server that has been made via Openspy for the mean time. Google this one because I'm unsure as to what to link.
EDIT June 5th, 2023: The Steam page for UT3X has been changed back to it's original UT3 description. No news has been shared about whether there is a new page being developed or if the project has been cancelled.
- 4. Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha/Alpha/4/Dumpsterfire is being erased from the Epic Online Store, and as of now not much is known of what will become of that community. I'll update this thread if anything changes.
EDIT: The UT4 Community at UT4UU has created a new Master Server. Check out the video provided below for more details.
- 5. As of December 14th 2022, All Unreal titles are being taken down from online stores until further notice, but as of February 2023 the Unreal communities have created new master servers for each UT game.