UT SDK for Coding

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: UT SDK for Coding

Post by Shadow »

The_Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:51 am Got even bigger issues with silent switch (not saying that is related :!: )

Code: Select all

the_cowboy@quark:~/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System$ sudo ./ucc-bin make silent
WARNING: using preference directory: /root/.utpg/System/
WARNING: Using system ini file: /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/UnrealTournament.ini
WARNING: Using user ini file: /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/User.ini
=======================================
ucc.exe: UnrealOS execution environment
Copyright 1999 Epic Games Inc
=======================================

--------------------Core--------------------
--------------------Engine--------------------
--------------------Editor--------------------
--------------------UWindow--------------------
--------------------Fire--------------------
--------------------IpDrv--------------------
--------------------UWeb--------------------
--------------------UBrowser--------------------
--------------------UnrealShare--------------------
--------------------UnrealI--------------------
--------------------UMenu--------------------
--------------------IpServer--------------------
--------------------Botpack--------------------
--------------------UTServerAdmin--------------------
--------------------UTMenu--------------------
--------------------UTBrowser--------------------
--------------------ChatDiamond--------------------
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'wchar_t*'

Developer Backtrace:
[ 1]  /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/Core.so(_Z12HandleSignali+0x222) [0x7ff59addd8c2]
[ 2]  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x42520) [0x7ff59aa0b520]
[ 3]  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(pthread_kill+0x12c) [0x7ff59aa5fa7c]
[ 4]  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(raise+0x16) [0x7ff59aa0b476]
[ 5]  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0xd3) [0x7ff59a9f17f3]
[ 6]  /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/Core.so(+0x4a07b) [0x7ff59ad4607b]
[ 7]  /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/Core.so(_ZN10__cxxabiv111__terminateEPFvvE+0x6) [0x7ff59adf31a6]
[ 8]  /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/Core.so(+0xf7211) [0x7ff59adf3211]
[ 9]  /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/Core.so(+0xf7364) [0x7ff59adf3364]
[10]  /home/the_cowboy/Unreal Tournament GOTY/System/Core.so(+0xbd2ef) [0x7ff59adb92ef]
[11]  ./ucc-bin() [0x4074b7]
[12]  ./ucc-bin() [0x406d63]
[13]  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x29d90) [0x7ff59a9f2d90]
[14]  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0x80) [0x7ff59a9f2e40]
[15]  ./ucc-bin() [0x4054aa]
Signal: SIGIOT [iot trap]
Aborting.

Signal: SIGIOT [iot trap]

History: (no backtrace available.)

Exiting due to error

Automatically merged

Success!

Few things to note:
  • The uscript compiled binary is generated in /home/.utpg/System (yeah .utpg :lol2: ). My mistake, should have seen the first line.
  • If you don't delete the .u package, next compile is gonna crash with the message shown previously.
I am now versed with multiplatform native support for UT mods, except MacOS for which, ahem, seems no one has practical answer!
Wow, thats some great news. I highly appreciate your effort you've put in your experimental coding.
At least a Linux Build is within our grasp now.

Whats that ChatDiamond native mod you've tested Linux/Mac Builds with? Seems like a Chat Plugin?
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Post by The_Cowboy »

Shadow wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:34 pm Whats that ChatDiamond native mod you've tested Linux/Mac Builds with? Seems like a Chat Plugin?
ye Chat Diamond is a native mod for chatting purposes. Completely clientside (no connection with the server whatsoever) mod for interpreting console raw messages (you get lot of trash messages along with chat messages on console) with appropriate filters (could be even parental one) applied. In the next part, I shall integrate suitable translator so that localization becomes of no issue for everyone!!

The relevant thread would be viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15608&p=140164. Till now, I have used regex library (https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/regex) for parsing urls and many features yet to come or polish earlier ones by uplifting the code from uscript to C++. Furthermore I intend to integrate that with Discord (https://github.com/yourWaifu/sleepy-discord) appropriately.

Wish Mac development were on equal footing else I may have to drop support for Mac users :cry:
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Post by The_Cowboy »

@Shadow, any ETA on the release of the SDK. Jan came and went with no release candidate at the horizon.
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Yes yes, there'll be simply an official alpha release at the end of February. I simply didnt make it to put out a release candidate. The Alpha will be that one.
I'm currently compiling and error hunting.