Map Vote Extended - MVE2h

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
_21
Average

Map Vote Extended - MVE2h

Post by _21 »

Download Latest Version:
MVE2h.zip
(169.47 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
map-vote-screen.png
Previous Versions
MVE2g-v1.zip
(162.86 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
MVE2f-v1.zip
(159.65 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
MVE2e-v3
MVE2e-v2
MVE2e-v1
MVE2d-v1
MVE2c_v2
MVE2a
A some time ago I started bug-fixing and maintenance work on MVE2a, this is an ongoing process.
My goal is to make this mapvote be able to host a large variety of gametypes and modes.
This is what makes the FFN server what it is today.

Source code available on GitHub
  • Latest version supports up to 4096 maps and up to 100 gametypes.
  • Map lists can be composed using include/exclude filters, map prefix filters, map tagging and premade lists.
  • Compatible with Assault, BunnyTrack, Coop Campaigns, CTF, DeathMatch, Domination, Jailbreak, MonsterHunt and more
  • ServerPackages, Mutators, ServerActors and game settings are all configurable individually for every gametype.
I'm starting this new dedicated thread so that I can keep the first post updated with the latest version.
Old thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15138

MVE does not exist in a bubble, it was continuously built upon by the communty.
I did not invent or create MVE, heck, I don't even fully understand it myself. But I try to improve it.

Automatically merged

Release: MVE2f-v1
Download at top of thread!
  • EXPERIMENTAL: New gametype evaluation and setup code. For now everything
    similarly to before. I'm working on new features here but I still have to decide on some details.
  • MVES.MapVote can now be installed as ServerActor instead of Mutator.
  • MVE window can always be opened, if data is not loaded it should show a
    loading message with a percentage.
  • Corrected the number of maps shown in the MVE popup window title bar.
  • Always load client config from same section regardless of package name.
    While this version will still break client configs, from this version on
    the client configs will not reset when the client package is updated.
  • Travel variables moved to separate file MVE_Travel.ini, this file is
    rewritten every time a MVE switches to a new map. Having it in separate
    file is cleaner and allows editing config file without accidental
    overwrites while the server is running.
  • Automatically set GameName for scoreboard. This is enabled by default
    because it helps keep track of what gametype was loaded. It can be
    overwritten per gametype if needed.

Code: Select all

[MVES.MapVote]
    bAutoSetGameName=True
    CustomGame[0]=(Settings="FragLimit=30,GameName=Awesome Deathmatch")

• Updated MVE_Config with a more practical example:
    - Added example logo texture
    - Added premade example to MVE_Config.ini
    - Added example gametype configurations
  • Sort and deduplicate scanned maps.
    - Can be skipped for faster reloads
    - Map names will be sorted alphabetically (not case sensitive)
    - Duplicate entries if found are removed
    - Premade lists not affected, they stay as defined in config
  • INI option to reload, fullscan, saveconfig on next run. These options can be
    useful when editing the configuration. I've been using bReloadOnEveryRun
    whenever I'm working on the map reload & filtering logic. Removed
    bFirstRun, instead bSaveConfigOnNextRun=True can be used.

[MVES.MapVote]
    bReloadOnEveryRun=True
    bReloadOnNextRun=False
    bSaveConfigOnNextRun=False
    bFullscanOnNextRun=False

• Fallback for players without watcher. In case players are not part of the
    voter list, they get added when they try to access mapvote screen.
  • Tweaked player detector, now checks for valid player name.
  • Changed the server code name to UT-Server, when adding as "none" we need to
    use command for reloading MVE, admins can open the window and possible to
    reload.
  • Map cooldowns check on server side, cannot be bypassed with mutate command.
  • Remove version from info tab.
  • Optimized map list transfer. If you have a lot of gametypes the map list
    should load a bit faster than before.
  • Map string validaton returns reason for which the maps string is not valid
  • Improved error messages when map list not loaded.
⚠ Known Issues
  • Maps that are on cooldown are not shown in red.
  • Map listing still has some bugs, occasionally you can see duplicates maps.
  • Map list might fail to load on first try, but it always works on second try.
Last edited by _21 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Re: Map Vote Extended - MVE2f-v1

Post by Deepu »

Wow, this is incredible, I will update this to My forum too.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi,

Excellent improvements, it was very good congratulations I'm going to test it!

regarding map folders and map files, this option would be interesting for a server with several mods, so as not to have the error of files with the same name being different files...

thus avoiding spoiling maps or even not being able to use Some maps you like...
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
_21
Average

Post by _21 »

Thanks @Deepu! Feel free to spread it around. The *.zip releases should be self contained. Though I could do a better job at improving the Help materials in there.

Thanks @[rev]rato.skt! Let me know if something goes wrong with testing. So you want to be able to have maps that have the same names but are in different folders? Or you want to have mods that have same name but different folders?

I know for example Organic can be both utx and umx, the utx is from Rune and the umx is from UT99. Some maps use one or the other so it's a terrible mess. Is this the type of problem you're encountering?
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

example: sometimes we have an MH-map and a CTF-BT map that have the same music name or texture but they are different.. so if one of the two archive were replaced, one map it will not work!

I have but one suggestion for improvement!

Make the text editable:
Option to write a text on top of the photo!
A tab at the top Option for the administrator to add the votemap with a fixed color as default.
_21 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:41 pm Thanks @Deepu! Feel free to spread it around. The *.zip releases should be self contained. Though I could do a better job at improving the Help materials in there.

Thanks @[rev]rato.skt! Let me know if something goes wrong with testing. So you want to be able to have maps that have the same names but are in different folders? Or you want to have mods that have same name but different folders?

I know for example Organic can be both utx and umx, the utx is from Rune and the umx is from UT99. Some maps use one or the other so it's a terrible mess. Is this the type of problem you're encountering?
Attachments
Capturar.PNG
Brazilian Server:
_21
Average

Post by _21 »

Lots of suggestion in a row @[rev]rato.skt !

I'm curious what do you want to change the text for? Translate to different language? Or just server aestetics? Like making a nali pirate edition of mapvote?
A tab at the top Option for the administrator to add the votemap with a fixed color as default.
I'm trying to understand what you meant here. The colors are currently customizable by players. If someone sets custom colors for their map-vote that's the color they will stay on, forever, regardless of which server they hop to, as long as they use MVE2f or above they will see the same colors that they set for themselves.

So there is 1 config per user, what you're asking for is 1 config per server?
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Yes I would like to leave it in my country's native language :rock:

about the colors, a lot of people don't change the colors, so the voting map would be in the configuration made by the admin..

I remembered one more suggestion, upscaling would also be good :mrgreen:
_21 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:12 pm Lots of suggestion in a row @[rev]rato.skt !

I'm curious what do you want to change the text for? Translate to different language? Or just server aestetics? Like making a nali pirate edition of mapvote?
I'm trying to understand what you meant here. The colors are currently customizable by players. If someone sets custom colors for their map-vote that's the color they will stay on, forever, regardless of which server they hop to, as long as they use MVE2f or above they will see the same colors that they set for themselves.

So there is 1 config per user, what you're asking for is 1 config per server?
Brazilian Server:
_21
Average

Post by _21 »

Yes, I understand now. In general I need to know how and what you're planning to do with what you request or what problem it solves.

I keep the suggestions noted down, but for now I will focus on the more fundamental problems than cosmetics. Getting the aliases right is next on my list, next to some very necessary performance fixes.
I remembered one more suggestion, upscaling would also be good :mrgreen:
You can scale the GUI in Ut99 settings. I set my GUI to double size so I can see the text on high resolution monitor. Is this the upscale you're referring to? or is it something else?
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi,

what is the correct way to configure this? DefaultTickRate=

for min it doesn't work even deleting TickRate=0 and trying to use the pattern, it returns TickRate=0

DefaultTickRate="100"

DefaultTickRate=100
Brazilian Server:
_21
Average

Post by _21 »

It should be

DefaultTickRate=100
there is no resetting logic in MVE, once set to 100 it should stay 100 in MVE_Config.ini

but the engine itself might interpret/adjust the value, for example what I noticed if you try to set tickrate to 0 it will not set tickrate to 0 because 0 tickrate is not valid tickrate. There may be an upper limit as well, I'm not sure...

maybe value is too high? try to see if DefaultTickRate=60 works

log should contain a message like:

[MVE] -> TickRate: 60
this log message means that the setting has been executed by MVE, but after that it's up to the engine to do whatever it pleases with it
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

I noticed that if the server ini has a value lower than what you set in the votemap, the votemap does not force the tick you set as default..
Brazilian Server:
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Thinking.. one of the great things about MVX is the ability to return the server to a default map / gametype if the server is empty for x:mins
also IF no0ne votes at the end of a match the server would pick a random MAP within the same GAMETYPE being played for the next round.

is this something you can do?

1.Empty Server Level Switch back to default Map/Gametype as per .ini.
2.Random Map current Gametype if no0ne votes.

re: 1 what often happens is the server will pick a fudged map and gametype , and the server will remain in hiatus until admin is made aware. This can go on for hours / days. where the server is unusable... If it automatically switches back to a default map/gametype after say 5mins then the server downtime is limited to that 5mins before reset. It's also nice knowing what map/gametype you are entering into when you enter the server .. instead of something totally random.

re: 2 if players previously voted for Instagib CTF and played a match it would be good to continue on the same theme instead of randomly choosing DM-Agony DeathMatch Rockets Low Gravity for the next game.This is in the advent that no0ne votes at the end of the match .. as players often chat (rather then vote) at the end of the match.. Then the server SHOULD pick a random map in the current gametype instead of voting for the most oddball Gametype/Map imaginable for the next game... be good to limit it to a CURRENT GameType and choose a RANDOM Map for the next game keeping in tune with what is being played on the server at this point in time.

Cheers.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
_21
Average

Post by _21 »

@Que those are some 2 really good suggestions! It will be there in the next version in some form or another.

For 1. there will be a configurable threshold but default will be having 0 players for 10 minutes will cause the switch to a specified default map and default gametype

For 2. indeed Random Map has been wrecking things for being too random. I've been looking at limiting the randomness to choose a gametype from one of the last 10 matches playted and then proceeding to choose a map, what you're proposing is way simpler

I've been thinking for a while about the random choice feature how random should it be. Maybe what I need to think about why the random gametype with random map choice exists. What purpose does it really serve? What's the best course of action when nobody votes? Randomly choose a mode/map that nobody wants?

One of the best changes to mapvote was to make the time limit a bit more dynamic and letting players have more time to vote. It used to be 1 minute hard limit to vote, right now we have a softer 1-2 minute vote window depending on when the first vote arrives.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Random Map & Gametype is not a good feature and should be nerfed imo.

Having a random map in the current Gametype would be good if no0ne votes at end of round.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

hi man,

you can adjust this window by making the name of the map and the rule a little bigger... :tu:
Attachments
Shot00013.jpg
Brazilian Server: