My goal is to make this mapvote be able to host a large variety of gametypes and modes.
This is what makes the FFN server what it is today.
Source code available on GitHub
- Latest version supports up to 4096 maps and up to 100 gametypes.
- Map lists can be composed using include/exclude filters, map prefix filters, map tagging and premade lists.
- Compatible with Assault, BunnyTrack, Coop Campaigns, CTF, DeathMatch, Domination, Jailbreak, MonsterHunt and more
- ServerPackages, Mutators, ServerActors and game settings are all configurable individually for every gametype.
Old thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15138
MVE does not exist in a bubble, it was continuously built upon by the communty.
I did not invent or create MVE, heck, I don't even fully understand it myself. But I try to improve it.
Download at top of thread!
- EXPERIMENTAL: New gametype evaluation and setup code. For now everything
similarly to before. I'm working on new features here but I still have to decide on some details.
MVES.MapVotecan now be installed as ServerActor instead of Mutator.
- MVE window can always be opened, if data is not loaded it should show a
loading message with a percentage.
- Corrected the number of maps shown in the MVE popup window title bar.
- Always load client config from same section regardless of package name.
While this version will still break client configs, from this version on
the client configs will not reset when the client package is updated.
- Travel variables moved to separate file
MVE_Travel.ini, this file is
rewritten every time a MVE switches to a new map. Having it in separate
file is cleaner and allows editing config file without accidental
overwrites while the server is running.
- Automatically set GameName for scoreboard. This is enabled by default
because it helps keep track of what gametype was loaded. It can be
overwritten per gametype if needed.
Code: Select all
[MVES.MapVote] bAutoSetGameName=True CustomGame=(Settings="FragLimit=30,GameName=Awesome Deathmatch")
- Updated MVE_Config with a more practical example:
- Added example logo texture
- Added premade example to MVE_Config.ini
- Added example gametype configurations
- Sort and deduplicate scanned maps.
- Can be skipped for faster reloads
- Map names will be sorted alphabetically (not case sensitive)
- Duplicate entries if found are removed
- Premade lists not affected, they stay as defined in config
- INI option to reload, fullscan, saveconfig on next run. These options can be
useful when editing the configuration. I've been using
whenever I'm working on the map reload & filtering logic. Removed
bSaveConfigOnNextRun=Truecan be used.
Code: Select all
[MVES.MapVote] bReloadOnEveryRun=True bReloadOnNextRun=False bSaveConfigOnNextRun=False bFullscanOnNextRun=False
- Fallback for players without watcher. In case players are not part of the
voter list, they get added when they try to access mapvote screen.
- Tweaked player detector, now checks for valid player name.
- Changed the server code name to UT-Server, when adding as "none" we need to
use command for reloading MVE, admins can open the window and possible to
- Map cooldowns check on server side, cannot be bypassed with mutate command.
- Remove version from info tab.
- Optimized map list transfer. If you have a lot of gametypes the map list
should load a bit faster than before.
- Map string validaton returns reason for which the maps string is not valid
- Improved error messages when map list not loaded.
- Maps that are on cooldown are not shown in red.
- Map listing still has some bugs, occasionally you can see duplicates maps.
- Map list might fail to load on first try, but it always works on second try.