Better bots

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Tempura
Average
Personal rank: Shock Enthusiast

Better bots

Post by Tempura »

So I learned that SmartStockBots dont really work with custom bots, such as the ones produced by Xbots. I have zero interest in removing xbots because they add so much more variety, and the chances of me fighting the same combination of bots is very low. Anyone know of a good alternative of smartstock bots?
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Better bots

Post by Buggie »

In general there can be easy enough make mutator, which on map load rewrite game stock list of bots (32 of it) with subset of some bigger configuration. Like 4096 bots.
If parameters can be random, 32 current bots can be even generated by some rules.

I not hear of such mutators. So you need search for such or write own by self.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Does SmartStockBots work with subclasses of Botpack.Bot or only with subclasses of Botpack.HumanBotPlus?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

All dependency only to Botpack.Bot. It must work fine with any subclasses of it until implementation in connected parts left same.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tempura wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:08 pm So I learned that SmartStockBots dont really work with custom bots, such as the ones produced by Xbots. I have zero interest in removing xbots because they add so much more variety, and the chances of me fighting the same combination of bots is very low. Anyone know of a good alternative of smartstock bots?
Given that custom bots are inevitably subclassed from Botpack.Bot - otherwise they wouldn't be Bots - then SmartStockBots should work with all custom bots (at least in large part)?
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

I guess. Its just that i was playing on inhumane with smartstockbots and i won with 30 while second place had 14 frags.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I look into source of xbots - it is compatible with SmartStockBots.

Or you use wrong config, or you unbelievable good player.

Bot on inhuman (bot, not general level of bots) play very good.

Since in config Skill Adjust allow make -3 by stock GUI config. So you able set bot to Skilled when general level be Inhuman.

Automatically merged

In XBots config UI (same as in stock) slider for skill adjust must be in middle if you need this bot play on global skill level.
Last edited by Buggie on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempura
Average

Post by Tempura »

Alright so i set skill to mid. First match it was me with 30, and guy 2nd place with 22. Then, did another match, i won with 30 and second guy had 12. This is all inhuman. Imma set the skill to the second to last on the right.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Try not use xbots and play against inhuman bots with default UT set (without even load XBots mutator). Which score you get here?

Automatically merged

Bug in XBots below 056.
056: Fixed bug where changes to bot AI level did not show up in
game, and now supports 128 bot classes.
Here you can pickup 056:
viewtopic.php?p=129452#p129452
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

I have no problem using the xbots9b (slightly reworked by me) and the SmartStockBots together. Everything works as expected.