Map General Protection Fault error

Discussions about UT99
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Map General Protection Fault error

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Not sure what is causing this. But a map I enjoy that is loaded on my server is throwing errors now for some reason. It was fine before played it several times on the server with people. Now it's just crashing on the server and in UED. I keep getting this error, is it an issue with ACE or the renderer? I have tried changing my render back to DX9, Open GL etc and that is not working either. Any help would be much appreciated.
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Map General Protection Fault error

Post by Buggie »

On map used scripted textures and something not goes well with it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Do you get exactly the same error in the Editor as you do online?
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:00 pm Do you get exactly the same error in the Editor as you do online?
It's not exactly the same but it is referencing the scripted texture. Based on Buggie's response I'm assuming its an issue with the scripted texture.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But you said it worked before ...what got changed in the meantime?
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

papercoffee wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:26 am But you said it worked before ...what got changed in the meantime?
Honestly, I have no idea. My friend and I played it and it worked. Now it's not working. I just re-downloaded it from Unreal Archive and its doing the same thing.
Map Link:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... bc1fe.html
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I have found the ScriptedTexture "Scripted.MessageScroll3" at subtractive Brush211, which is not visible. Also any Actors controlling the ScriptedTexture (like class'ScrollingMessageTexture') are missing. (Furthermore map contains duplicate actors, and by accident I noticed that Dispatcher0 is equal to Dispatcher1.)
Attachments
Brush211@DM-Bathroom-Cow-Beta6.unr.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, the ScriptedTextures are on the door to the pressure chamber and, I think, on the surrounds of the door. I would be tempted to replace them with something else and try the map again. Certainly I've had no issues playing it off-line nor in opening it in the Editor.

In passing, Buggie's MapChecker reports a number of issues which may have an impact on on-line performance.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hence the beta in the name of the map. Maybe I'll look into fixing the map and release it after I finish the map I'm working on. It's just weird we used to play this map all the time as a clan when it came out. Thank you for all the help.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

So this issue has reared its ugly head again. R3plicant sent me his new map for testing on the Discord UT99.org channel and I'm getting the same issue with a scripted texture. This has to be an issue with my UT99 or my PC. Even OjitroC was able to play the map in my original post. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can fix this? I have a feeling this my system causing the errors :noidea :wtf:
Here are the errors from R3plicant's map:
in-game error:
UEd Error:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This is probably a video driver problem combined with OS, but I would like to know what UT driver are you using in Editor.
When I did a "refresh" to my system due to a failure behind a power loss, things have been changed somehow, OpenGL was rendering too slow during game until I dug in settings, and now it's normal again. Texture ticks whatever which I had before, I solved by listing Editor in DEP list (Data Execution Prevention), after that Editor didn't do any lousy activity.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hello sektor2111,
I'm currently using D3D9 in the editor and running Windows 11. DEP is already running for UED the only option is to shut it off and Windows won't let me do that.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Image concerning DEP to me it looks like it has the wrong option selected. It's not only about OS related services, there is needed adding custom apps as well.
Note: This task requires all rights assigned - administrative rights more specific.
Dep_Setup.PNG
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:44 am Image concerning DEP to me it looks like it has the wrong option selected. It's not only about OS related services, there is needed adding custom apps as well.
Note: This task requires all rights assigned - administrative rights more specific.
Dep_Setup.PNG
It will not let me add any of the UT applications to DEP. Windows 11 is telling me DEP has to run with these programs. It doesn't ask for administrative permissions as I'm the Admin for the PC that I built. Not sure if there is a way around it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Ahem... so this is a W11 entertaining show.