Inquiring Help

Discussions about UT99
Dukenukem122112
Personal rank: Beginner*

Inquiring Help

Post by Dukenukem122112 »

Hello all, I am new to the unreal community and I have a passion for making mods within the doom and Duke 3d build engine. I am not moving onto the unreal engine. Which is very overwhelming. I recently have been able to set aside some funds to maybe have someone teach me the ins and outs of unreal and how to mod it. If you are interested in taking some time to help me learn everything about modding unreal I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time. Please feel free to dm me or leave a comment if interested!
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Re: Inquiring Help

Post by The_Cowboy »

Howdy!
Welcome aboard. You have stumbled upon right forums for smooth and fun transition to UE1 and then, possibly, to UE 4 and 5. I have had plenty of fun making both unreal script and native mods for beloved UT. Buzz me on Discord. My id is the_cowboy#3713.

From you post, it seems you don’t need much convincing on how rewarding the modding scheme is in UT! You just need right words to get all the relevant (pun intended, for uscriptors) knowledge really.
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
Aspide
Skilled

Re: Inquiring Help

Post by Aspide »

If you are interested in making maps then I recommend Smeer Kat's videos, but if you want to make weapons, models, etc. then you would have to ask here since I don't remember tutorial videos on making that stuff. :tu:
Somewhere in Nevada...