UAX compatible software

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

UAX compatible software

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hello,
I'm looking for free software that will allow me to create UAX sounds files. Not sure if there is anything that converts .wav or .mp3 to UAX. I would like to make some sound effects for my new map.
Buggie
Godlike

Re: UAX compatible software

Post by Buggie »

UnrealEd. Allow import wav and save it as UAX.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

The Unreal Wiki also has information about that. Sadly its layout is broken at the moment, so I cannot provide a more precise link.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

This link https://unrealarchive.org/wikis/unreal- ... ounds.html may be useful.

From my experience, I'd say pay particular attention to the info in the section 'Before you import the sound'. I've settled on using 22kHz at 16 bits for all my sounds/voices and have not experienced any problems. You can push the kHz a little higher but not the bits and certainly no stereo.

Don't forget you can import the sounds into the map by setting the Package Name as MyLevel - then save the map, assign the sounds to the AmbientSound actors and save again.

If you want other people to able to use the sounds easily then create a .uax file.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Thank you @Buggie @Barbie @OjitroC I will look at this tonight after work. I might have to do a separate sound package. My map is already ridiculously large due to textures.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I have my story here...
Because I did not know what is "wanted" different said accepted by UT as WAV format for importing it into a UAX sound file, I did something experimental - yes, Editor was in charge.
I just exported a stock sound (I think it was from BotPack) and I opened exported WAV file in a CoolEditor (old application with the same age as UT). There I inspected file format. Later I simply created/converted whatever WAV file to this exported format and I Imported it into map - all worked flawless. Always UT was able to import a WAV format compatible with what was exported. In other side - only two times I build Music, but I did not developed any hobby here, my music is external and is running even if game is suddenly crashing - and only music which is on my tastes - making me to stay relaxed... in big parts.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:53 pm I have my story here...
Because I did not know what is "wanted" different said accepted by UT as WAV format for importing it into a UAX sound file, I did something experimental - yes, Editor was in charge.
I just exported a stock sound (I think it was from BotPack) and I opened exported WAV file in a CoolEditor (old application with the same age as UT). There I inspected file format. Later I simply created/converted whatever WAV file to this exported format and I Imported it into map - all worked flawless. Always UT was able to import a WAV format compatible with what was exported. In other side - only two times I build Music, but I did not developed any hobby here, my music is external and is running even if game is suddenly crashing - and only music which is on my tastes - making me to stay relaxed... in big parts.
@sektor2111. Thank you for your imput and help. I'm sure I knew this at some point in my mapping career when I started in 1999. And then I moved to 2k4 mapping until that DIED for me, and was pretty good with the 3.0 engine. But now 24 years later and now I'm 56. I'm getting that Old Timers disease :loool: I'm just glad UT99.org has survived. I used to get a lot of help on the old 3DBuzz site R.I.P. Buzz.