CTF-XV-Rune-S6

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

CTF-XV-Rune-S6

Post by Buggie »

Rework for CTF with X-Vehicles this map:
CTF-Rune-S6

Shot00278.jpg
Shot00279.jpg
Shot00280.jpg
Shot00281.jpg
Shot00282.jpg
Shot00283.jpg
Shot00284.jpg
Shot00285.jpg
Shot00286.jpg
This map need XVehicles at least v41 for load:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
CTF-XV-Rune-S6v1.7z
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
Last edited by Buggie on Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: CTF-XV-Rune-S6

Post by OjitroC »

Nice map this, remember playing it a long time ago - I think there is also something similar with aztec-type textures.

Works well with the jeeps :tu:

Sektor's MapGarbage reports
Spoiler
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode100 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode102 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode104 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode105 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode106 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode107 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode108 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode113 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode118 is not having incoming connections.
NoIncomingPath: WalkPathNode119 is not having incoming connections.

A numer of PlayerStarts also don't have incoming connections but there is no reason why they should given their location
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Just from the screenshots this reminds me of an old SLV map I'd been toying with editing... now I just have to remember what it was.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:41 pm Sektor's MapGarbage reports ...
If you want other stuff to see...
If you want to move to the upper spot, it's needed taking a tour...
Rand_Rune_Check.PNG
I don't get the point to have all those nodes only for moving down - is pathed only for the sake of pathing, painting FLOOD when PrunedPaths are shown.

Code: Select all

XC_ReachSpecsDescriptor: Detected 11202 reachSpecs.
XC_ReachSpecsDescriptor: Direct Paths = 3460.
XC_ReachSpecsDescriptor: Pruned Paths = 7742.
XC_ReachSpecsDescriptor: Nulled Paths = 0.
Either way:

Code: Select all

LostData: ________________________________________________________________
LostData: ReachSpecs missing from PrunedPaths[0-15] 	= 171.
LostData: ________________________________________________________________
This report is not very new to me... what was used for pathing here it's pure BS - either way results are bugged in all devs versions due to this "solution" in overcrowding nodes for no reason - it's hilarious. Luckily it works because has enough good routes but it's far from being optimized. If I show the image with all paths nobody will understand anything from it.

On the other hand it looks nice, I think I'll get an interest for a normal CTF version.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:10 am If you want to move to the upper spot, it's needed taking a tour... what was used for pathing here it's pure BS - either way results are bugged in all devs versions due to this "solution" in overcrowding nodes for no reason - it's hilarious. Luckily it works because has enough good routes but it's far from being optimized.
I suppose this points to the difficulties in pathing maps for XVehicles - certainly to get to that upper spot in a Jeep one does need to take a circuitous route. Again I suppose optimization in this kind of map doesn't mean reducing the number of potential routes to a minimum but rather maximising them to facilitate movement on foot or in a vehicle - so it's possibly not due to luck that the map works.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Jeeps whatever are prevented from escalating by WalkPathNode - and one of them used into a route will deny completely that way - similar to BlockedPath but working conditional, multiple such nodes on the same route have no purpose. Resuming -> OVERLOADED, just like that.
In image above is a One-Way Path because seeking in reverse is pointing an available route - but correctly discarded for vehicles ? Not sure, if you look well in spot -> VehicleDriver seeker more specific. Excuse me but nobody can tell me stories about SpecialCost stuff - I know what is about because I wrote such things and I used logs for understanding them in that time. SpecialHandling is one thing, SpecialCost is another thing - I worked with both of them, also I worked with "PathsTogglers" and external PathTogglers (non navigation actors attached at plain PathNodes).
And then ? And then WalkPathNodes which you have pointed won't do their job this time - because they have no incoming Specs, causing fractures, are useless more specific, but only generating junk data with outgoing Paths which Pawn won't use because it won't go at them unless is thrown in spot by some blast.   
Auto merged new post submitted 15 minutes later
OjitroC wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:08 am I suppose this points to the difficulties in pathing maps for XVehicles
I don't see any difficulty in 2023... I might be blind :ironic: .
Here is a sample in how I would do XV stuff deal.
XV_NetProtoType.PNG
XV_NetProtoType.PNG (8.63 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Edit: To not forget that we can have the reversal strategy - dropping Routes for Non-Driver Pawn (large spots) and forcing them through narrow paths, over items, etc. 227 has several advantages as it is capable of dropping/demanding some connections and adding capability of two chained routes completely separate each-other - drivers and non-drivers. In UT'99, XC stuff can do that, users can develop their own XV specific builders powered by XC assets.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

v1

- fixed paths.
- fixed HOM.
- improved wooden bridges.
- fixed holes.
- remove sniper from lockers.

Update in first post: viewtopic.php?t=15729