CTF Canyon Wars

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
browndl
Skilled

Re: CTF Canyon Wars

Post by browndl »

I am grateful for all the comments. I feel they have certainly helped the map function better, at least concerning bot pathing. I also appreciate that the aesthetics and theme are well received, it was somewhat of a challenge keeping the bsp in check. I would really like to know if anyone actually plays the map. Do you enjoy the gameplay? Is it challenging enough? Or is it too challenging? Is it engaging, etc.? Thanks everyone.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I admittedly have not played this yet, but I'm curious. There was a pathing error in the DM version that had bots cross the canyon on the lift and then immediately on the other side jump into the canyon and die.

Was that fixed in this CTF?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:26 pm I admittedly have not played this yet, but I'm curious. There was a pathing error in the DM version that had bots cross the canyon on the lift and then immediately on the other side jump into the canyon and die.

Was that fixed in this CTF?
One thing I have noticed after hours upon hours of just watching bots play is that no matter what I do they are going to do whatever they want.
I finally just removed the lift mover to stop the bots from doing that. I left the "cable" as a means of crossing the canyon. There are multiple paths available to cross the canyon while carrying the flag.

I hope you enjoy the gameplay. I am looking forward to hearing what you think.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

browndl wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:56 pmI am looking forward to hearing what you think.
Overall this looks to be a good map. Nice open space, bots seem to go everywhere, didn't see any overt issues.
Did a standard play setup, 8 bots with 4 on each team. 1st time only let it play about 7 minutes; will do more later.
Action was fairly intense at points but using only a limited number of players in such a large area that didn't happen so much.

As with most of the map, the bases are not symmetrical.
Red Base is inside, well protected in tight quarters.
Blue Base is more outside, though can only be accessed via tunnels/mines so also well protected.

Relatively speaking it seems bots had an easier time taking the Red Flag than getting the Blue Flag, though no captures in the aforementioned timeframe.

Weapon placement & healths are sparse, which works well for such an open area.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:33 am
browndl wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:56 pmI am looking forward to hearing what you think.
Overall this looks to be a good map. Nice open space, bots seem to go everywhere, didn't see any overt issues.
Did a standard play setup, 8 bots with 4 on each team. 1st time only let it play about 7 minutes; will do more later.
Action was fairly intense at points but using only a limited number of players in such a large area that didn't happen so much.

As with most of the map, the bases are not symmetrical.
Red Base is inside, well protected in tight quarters.
Blue Base is more outside, though can only be accessed via tunnels/mines so also well protected.

Relatively speaking it seems bots had an easier time taking the Red Flag than getting the Blue Flag, though no captures in the aforementioned timeframe.

Weapon placement & healths are sparse, which works well for such an open area.
Hey! Thanks for taking the time both to play and to write about the map. I like your player skins.