Botpathing request thread

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Botpathing request thread

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay... here is a demo pathed with Editor and using zoning tricks - rebuilding paths will mess data.
In a game with Translocator first time is a failure and then Impact Jumping does desired warping. Spectating one Bot shows the story...
DM-WarpJump_Demo.7z
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Editor has generated 64 original ReachSpecs... None XC extension or custom Bots were used during pathing and testing just Editor and original UT.
a9902957@nepwk.com
Experienced

Post by a9902957@nepwk.com »

Thank you!
Interesting: The 469b patch and/or XC_Engine 25 seem to break this.
Works fine in 436 with XC_Engine 19. EDIT: Gah, with this version combination the bots have more troubles with the pathnodes on ramps ...
Too bad pathing such still seems to be such a finnicky affair.

Your MapGarbage editor enhancement sure is useful to manually clean up a map that someone *cough, me, cough* used the air nodes option
on for no apparent reason and also finding nodes on ramps that may be too far up.

showall makes it clear why I still left some ramps inaccessible to the bots to begin with ...
Slowly making some progress I think.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The report(/s) delivered VIA MapGarbage are the mostly some sort of warnings. Certain special situations are not exactly evil as they might look like. Nodes in ramps similar to CTF-Command are a nonsense but in other cases depending on whatever steps from particular stairs, they might work normally. Here I prefer adjusting PathNode class PRE-Pathing in order to setup a placement closer to the ground and not what original placement does.

The chess:
Original DevPath was expensive and it was needed some optimizations - but it has some logic. Nearby optimizations, XC I think it was reducing some checks which can be seen in seldom situations - even ignoring movement rules. Whoever works often with pathing tricks operational in plain UT, in new devs they might go flawed. Here is the stage when these need to be examined and applied a double trick for getting over both plain UT and XC - this can be difficult if you ask me without writing nodes capable to restore the movement logic - such as Paths over a big Mover/Bridge. Plain UT discards seeker when ground is not there but XC is forcing movement making A.I. to fail. This will require a special entry node locking paths when bridge was moved. And this is not the only situation which I could see...
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Hey Sektor, would you like to improve this one? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15080&p=135630#p135630
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Let me drop an eye over it first.

Automatically merged

Let me know if more access is required for certain areas... Translocator looks almost mandatory somewhere, but... let me get some feed-back first before applying more "development" - if needed (including an alleged screenshot).
DM-[NES]AztecCanyon_rS1324.7z
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 24 times
Edit Notes:
- removed textures which are not visible;
- removed all junk data from previous builds;
- removed useless tags assigned for brushes;
- cleaned actors from OldLocation data - I think this data in Editor is completely useless... demonstrated already;
- adjusted VisibleTeleporter actors from being recreated in net clients;
- removed polygons from red template brush;
- added new Navigation Nodes;
- created and adjusted 1324 ReachSpecs.
I did not check what Paths does Editor here and I'm not interested about its bugs concerning access through stairs in towers or lousy jumps impossible to be performed by Bots.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Thank you Sektor. Will check it out tonight. :D

Automatically merged

Yes!!! Much better!!! Thanks a lot. :gj:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Your welcome, next one...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Map from here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2596
has been touched:
- removing useless textures;
- added needed Textures;
- adjusting lamps - brighter;
- fixing a bit DumbAlternatePath SmartAlternatePath;
- removing debris data;
- fixing CTF Navigation.
CTF-UTR-Syntra_rS614.7z
Other assets are embedded in original archive.
(12.03 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Data for Rating navigation network
PathsChecker wrote: ScanProcess: Total checks using DevPath = 32252.
Greetings: All Navigation Targets look reachable from every single Navigation Point.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Wow!!! I have to try this tonight!!! Syntra fixed by Sektor. :D
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

There is another "requested" conversion from SLV to a normal CTF map - thread was locked because it was bumped with new information about subject... :sleep: . For me it was pointed as "similar threads" - exactly this stuff is triggering my attention to old issues which now are having solutions/fixes, but subject will get closed because issue doesn't need to be fixed, or something like that - so let it be an eternal issue (only for public) buried in forum's shadows.
I sat down thinking if worth sharing it because... it has warps and warps are known with their eternal bugs not only as operation mode, but having A.I. issues as well, and probing paths in such map with mutators can deliver an entertaining game crash (coming from WarpZoneMarker)... not when Engine file is fixed/adjusted, but for plain stock can do damage.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:16 am There is another "requested" conversion from SLV to a normal CTF map - thread was locked because it was bumped with new information about subject... :sleep: . For me it was pointed as "similar threads" - exactly this stuff is triggering my attention to old issues which now are having solutions/fixes, but subject will get closed because issue doesn't need to be fixed, or something like that - so let it be an eternal issue (only for public) buried in forum's shadows.
I sat down thinking if worth sharing it because... it has warps and warps are known with their eternal bugs not only as operation mode, but having A.I. issues as well, and probing paths in such map with mutators can deliver an entertaining game crash (coming from WarpZoneMarker)... not when Engine file is fixed/adjusted, but for plain stock can do damage.
Which thread do you mean?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Thread... probably doesn't worth attention, it's a lot of useless blah blah, but I found archive name "CTF-((APO))ARC_PlaTIDUS.zip".

I would like to see subject under discussion toward certain settings in that time but... I think I will only talk with myself since everything was properly muted. What I did so far was to adjust a bit even geometry (I recall some bugs), several settings, and... I operated paths with what I had, XC 24 and some UGold 227 with PathsLinker. It's a funky warp zone at bottom. If flag is falling there, it loops in warp and it's hard to recover it, the mostly Flag is recovering itself... I was thinking to remove that bottom warp because is really stupid. The rest of "issues" are funny... actually I cannot call them issues...
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Hello. I want to request Botpath for this map. The bot is not going to get the Belt (150). This map has been changed to have 150 written on the belt. In the original it says 100, but what you get is 150.
Attachments
DM-AMC-Modular.zip
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Belt looks set at 150 and Texture used seems the same (Editor view...). Checking result return failure for WarheadLauncher... it's obvious the fear of Bots :lol2: . Let me look forward... because it's hard to see (my eyes are old) what's up with so much useless data...   
Auto merged new post submitted 20 hours 54 minutes later
Okay, I was looking around because I have other U file required by map. The thing is that previous file makes shieldbelt to not be really visible all time, I see that texture can be gone during editing/saving process, map going screwed up - I'm not curious why.

Pathing spot.
It's easy... and it's hard in the same time.
It's easy because combo definitely links logic route, but there can be clumsy moves from Bots and I'm not sure how goes with "Classic" settings where jumping is limited, Bot doesn't leave the current floor for jumping unless an external factor will cause him to launch itself when it's lifted from ground or it bumps into something or leaving a ledge. I think there is needed a jumpy route from the lower level using JumpBoots (and/or ImpactHammer - but I don't like this)... The deal here needs more run-time testing because Editor says that everything can be touched. The rest is... poor desire for "Armor2" class in map being placed with name Armor0. So far it looks like everything is accessible (tests 469b 469c at this time).
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:53 pm Belt looks set at 150 and Texture used seems the same (Editor view...). Checking result return failure for WarheadLauncher... it's obvious the fear of Bots :lol2: . Let me look forward... because it's hard to see (my eyes are old) what's up with so much useless data...   
Auto merged new post submitted 20 hours 54 minutes later
Okay, I was looking around because I have other U file required by map. The thing is that previous file makes shieldbelt to not be really visible all time, I see that texture can be gone during editing/saving process, map going screwed up - I'm not curious why.

Pathing spot.
It's easy... and it's hard in the same time.
It's easy because combo definitely links logic route, but there can be clumsy moves from Bots and I'm not sure how goes with "Classic" settings where jumping is limited, Bot doesn't leave the current floor for jumping unless an external factor will cause him to launch itself when it's lifted from ground or it bumps into something or leaving a ledge. I think there is needed a jumpy route from the lower level using JumpBoots (and/or ImpactHammer - but I don't like this)... The deal here needs more run-time testing because Editor says that everything can be touched. The rest is... poor desire for "Armor2" class in map being placed with name Armor0. So far it looks like everything is accessible (tests 469b 469c at this time).
My language is brazilian portuguese...
if I understood correctly. You can do it, but it is laborious because the bottom part that gives access holds the bot in a path. That would make him clumsy if he sees me and trying to shoot makes him weird going up (the combo). On the other hand it looks simple.

Well, hehe, my fans are so that it stays the way you, sektor2111, know how to do it.

The other day you made a Botpath for the map DM-1on1-DavidDM in this topic. My goodness if you saw what I saw these days. When I put that SmartStockBot. It looks like a player playing and using the elevator. Very cool result. I wish you had seen it. It was emotional... for me because in Brazil. You don't find so many players online here, it's very rare. These well-made Botpath are all good.

I used the help of google translator to compose this answer (like universal translator :> ).
:highfive: