CTF-UTDMW-XtremeCrater

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

CTF-UTDMW-XtremeCrater

Post by EvilGrins »

Overall I've got about 350+ UTDM edited maps, some for 1 particular monster and others for some combination of the thus far available ones. As I didn't get all the types at the same time, there's been some juggling for when I found a new type I would skim over past edits to see if maybe the newer type was more appropriate for the circumstances of a particular one.

They work for pretty much any standard gametype, though never tried for an Assault map. Honestly not sure how that would work.

This one was pretty ideal with the initial selection.
What we have here is a medium sized CTF map with a lot of open space. Flag bases are on opposite sides of the crater that predominantly fills the area, to get to the opposite side you have to run around the long way. Map has fundamentally 2 levels, the ground level which is wider than a narrower similar pathing a level higher. Most tests of the initial map shows matches don't last that long, so I added UTDMW as they can fly right across the middle no problem and can stretch things out a bit.
The crater has a creature factory about halfway down which generates Giant Gasbags, as an added feature given standard monsters will attack anyone on any team... including the Team Warlords.
Even with the UTDMW, games on this map tend to run pretty quick. With a standard number of players of varying skill levels, can last as short as 10 minutes or as long as 15.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rtasx1up ... Crater.zip
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Re: CTF-UTDMW-XtremeCrater

Post by Que »

Question: What does UTDMW actually stand for?
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Que wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:42 am Question: What does UTDMW actually stand for?
Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Warlord
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A fun map :gj:

A point for any future edits of this map - Pathnode29 needs to be moved back slightly from the edge of the ledge as, at the moment, it has no incoming connections and so breaks the route for bots around the upper level (Pathnode 30 can be removed altogether as it is in the air and serves no purpose). Similarly BulletBoxes 1 and 6 need to be moved back slightly as sektor's PathsChecker reports that there is no route to them (I've done all that and those issues are no longer reported by the various tools).

I'm using Buggie's Monster Team fix in 469c and get the following in the log which I think I haven't seen before - it may be due to the Gasbags

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: UTDMWarLord CTF-UTDMW-XtremeCrater.UTDMWarLord0 (Function UTDM.UTDMWarLord.SetEnemy:0052) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
ScriptWarning: UTDMWarLord CTF-UTDMW-XtremeCrater.UTDMWarLord0 (Function UTDM.UTDMWarLord.AttitudeTo:003A) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
Play the map with Low Gravity and take on the Warlord in the air (also fly across the crater to get the flag)!