Installed v469c at Game Servers Now server shows offline at Game Tracker

Discussions about Servers
Fuzz_Ball
Experienced
Personal rank: Harmless

Installed v469c at Game Servers Now server shows offline at Game Tracker

Post by Fuzz_Ball »

The server is active with 7779 set as the query port instead of the default 7778 and can't find a specific cause for the port to be jumping one value within the logs or main configuration.

GT is the only place where I see a choice to change this port but it only tells me the server is dead!

IP is still the same : 108.61.109.162

Anyone familiar with GameServers and the correct Linux patch to install there?

OldUnreal-UTPatch469c-Linux-amd64.tar or OldUnreal-UTPatch469c-Linux-x86.tar ?

Could a version problem be causing this?

Even GameServers is stumped.

Any advice other than one's dislike of Linux? :loool:   
Auto merged new post submitted 1 hour later
** Resolved **

Seems to be working now.
Prior attempts at GT to change the query port to 7779 were rejected.
Today I was able to change to 7779.
I still don't know why 7778 is not working but I'll take the win.
* * * Image * * *
Fuzz_Ball
Experienced

Re: Installed v469c at Game Servers Now server shows offline at Game Tracker

Post by Fuzz_Ball »

Well,

It's BACK!
Yesterday, the server appeared OFFLINE in UT browser and at GameTracker.
Went to GT to try and change the Query port, all 3 choices, 7777, 78 & 79 said Unable to query server.

By the time Game Servers support responded to my ticket, the problem went away.

Citing: The in-game issue may be that the server's expected query port is 7778 and the game isn't factoring in that it could be a different value and isn't querying properly.

I looked in my UT.ini and don't see the option to define query port (if that is even the cause).

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior since 469c? Any ideas as to what to look for to keep the query alive?
* * * Image * * *
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It depends from ServerActors order.

Ensure first items look like

Code: Select all

ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.eu MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hypercoop.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.openspy.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.newbiesplayground.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.gonespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master-uk.unrealarchive.org MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master-de.unrealarchive.org MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hlkclan.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.frag-net.com MasterServerPort=27900
Unless you REALLY know what you doing.

Again. There must be first ServerActors in your INI file.

Explanation: ServerActors obtain ports in order of appearance in list. So if you put here stuff in wrong order it can eat port and your Query goes to next port.

From what I know ACE too eat ports.
Fuzz_Ball
Experienced

Post by Fuzz_Ball »

Shoot.
Probably my bad : utmaster.epicgames.com was still in the lineup of Master Servers. A leftover from days when I added alternate servers.

Gameservers tech also advised that:
"There is also potential for conflicts when there is more than about 5 master servers listed within the configuration."
So I narrowed the list to 5.

It was fine for several days, so we will see if it lasts longer without going offline again.

Thanks for the advice, Buggie and thanks for your great work on maps. Many of them are on my server. More to come!
* * * Image * * *
MichaelLucas
Personal rank: 3

Post by MichaelLucas »

He estado trabajando en ello. Gracias por esta información útil.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MichaelLucas wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:35 am He estado trabajando en ello. Gracias por esta información útil.
This is a English speaking forum. Please try to use English for communication.
I recommend this page for translation https://www.deepl.com/translator