SpatialFear mod doesn't work properly anymore?

Discussions about UT99
Virgile
Average

SpatialFear mod doesn't work properly anymore?

Post by Virgile »

I wanted to play this total conversion again, but there is a problem literally in the first 5 minutes of the game. You have to bend down to go under a door but for some reason, the colissions are not correct anymore!

I suspect the 469b patch, not seeing any logical explanation based on my current widescreen configuration (on the other hand, it's regarding the HUD that the mod has not been thought for since it is badly positioned).
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: SpatialFear mod doesn't work properly anymore?

Post by EvilGrins »

I never tried playing it, just wanted to extract the monsters to use in MonsterHunt. viewtopic.php?t=3588
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

I remember that Spatial Fear has two ways to kneel down, one of them goes lower than the other, the tutorial teaches you that. Also how did you managed to open Spatial Fear with the 469 patch, I thought the .exe of SF didn't work with the patch.
Somewhere in Nevada...
Virgile
Average

Post by Virgile »

Aspide wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:33 am I remember that Spatial Fear has two ways to kneel down, one of them goes lower than the other, the tutorial teaches you that.
I don't remember that at all, so that would explain it.
edit: I tried and indeed there is no problem of collision, it's necessary to bend down with another key which allows to crawl. Thanks for the reminder.
Aspide wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:33 am Also how did you managed to open Spatial Fear with the 469 patch, I thought the .exe of SF didn't work with the patch.
I had converted the exe so that it works, indeed I had forgotten to specify it.