SmartStockBots mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Re: SmartStockBots mutator

Post by Que »

is there some way that we can prevent bots from LOCKING ON to players?
like especially when in close combat with flak they tend to lock on and destroy you.
this is not human like behaviour.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

What you mean by "Locking on"?
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

They track and follow you relentlessly.
Lockon = follow player 100%

When in scope.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

This what bots do - turn to enemy. I not think it can be possible alter from external mutator.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

I think the talk here is about bot "charging" state - whenever bot try to close the distance to another player. Minigun, flak and impact seem most common with this, and in such case bot only runs on path shortest to target/focus while aiming at player. Bot is supposed to "trytoDuck" whenever they are charging a player, but this code only reacts to projectiles that relate to bWarnTarget, in an ok fashion.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

As I understand this talk about ability bots 100% aim at you on very close distance, where real player not able do that, since FOV limited and you simple out of FOV and not visible if move close very fast.

Bot not use FOV. it use distance - closer = more precise. On point blank it 100% aim, even if fast jump to bot back.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Buggie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:46 pm As I understand this talk about ability bots 100% aim at you on very close distance, where real player not able do that, since FOV limited and you simple out of FOV and not visible if move close very fast.

Bot not use FOV. it use distance - closer = more precise. On point blank it 100% aim, even if fast jump to bot back.
Yes. The same reason bot that snipe from CTF-face tower will have trouble hitting a target that is standing still but will 100% hit a target that is flying all over a small DM map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Que wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:03 am like especially when in close combat with flak they tend to lock on and destroy you.
Not a human behavior because they are logically not humans. This is why I stay away, move away from them, "retreating" is another tactical stuff even in a real combat, firing and charging at enemy it's a WWII thing which often causes damage. You can forget "tactical moves" from past.
On the other hand it was a NewNet server where I often went straight behind Bot with Flak and gibing it in pieces. This was the moment when someone was spectating game for figuring if I'm cheating due to the number of kills and red pictures (with blood) which I was painting in DavidM2 map... :lol2: . Here I got a demonstration that NewNet stuff doesn't help Bots in any way and neither mutators for fixing them. The real ping of 300+ is main reactor for such kills...
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:58 pm
Que wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:03 am like especially when in close combat with flak they tend to lock on and destroy you.
Not a human behavior because they are logically not humans. This is why I stay away, move away from them, "retreating" is another tactical stuff even in a real combat, firing and charging at enemy it's a WWII thing which often causes damage. You can forget "tactical moves" from past.
Most 'complex' fights will span over a few areas or zones on a map - even the noobs know not to charge at someone, but are bad at navigating the map. Which is why, when applicable, the best or more "realistic" behavior tends to be one where bot stays away from player: avoidant or cautious. At that point, bot charges only when its super viable - less chance of getting shock combo'd :tongue:

The less predictable a bot is, the better.
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

These Smart... stock Bots are not so smart on CTF-Face.. they keep jumping to their death in the middle of the map 😂
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Thank's. Felt like playing with someone.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Que wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:39 am These Smart... stock Bots are not so smart on CTF-Face.. they keep jumping to their death in the middle of the map 😂
If you mean fall from asteroid - not all depends from bots code. Very important thing what in map. How mapper "learn" bots act on level.
Bots is not AI. It is simple state machines, which mean very basic level of flexibility and almost no way correct mistakes in level design.

Unfortunately most of stock maps use paths on level "it is work, but barely tested". Sad but true.

So if you need smarter version of CTF-Face - you need remake paths on it.
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

For CTF Games , can we have at least 1 bot from each team Attack.. Get the Flag?
many games where bots either just snipe.. or stand around.
be good if default order for bot 1 was to attack.
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It determine by game mode itself.
Normally CTFGame assign bots in loop:
Defend, Attack, Freelance (which near same as attack), repeat from Defend.
So there 2/3 bots in attack 1/3 in defend.

Some attackers of freelancer can be set as supporter to others. But in general I not see anything bad here.

Need look what exactly going here and why.

On my XV server they work normally without any specific settings. You can join and check.

One possible common problem^ map without paths at all or without paths to flag (for example no input lines to flag). So bot simple not able find way to flag, and wander around.

You can use MindReader for look what bot try to do. Also it turn on debugging on bots so if it not able find path to flag, you will see messages about that in logs.
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

perhaps implement this into smartstockbots?
https://web.archive.org/web/20170824020 ... r/1-1-0-15
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers