SmartStockBots mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Buggie
Godlike

Re: SmartStockBots mutator

Post by Buggie »

Interesting thing. I will look into it. Maybe use some parts.
I not integrate stuff blindly. Only if ensure it safe for integrate and produce some improvement.

---

Hm I look into code. It look too generic and too short signed. Bots must work for any possible game mode not only stock one. You never know what exactly need for some fancy game mode. It must be job of GameInfo class. No generic rule 50% here and 50% there.

---

Let's go from other side. What exactly problems with bot ordering you know? On which game type? I usually oriented to stock game types, since we can't fix base game, when you can really fix any custom game mode.

From what I know exists next problems (some of them you may not notice at all :) )
1. When flag dropped, but dumbly travel to close navigation point only after reach it, bot try travel to flag. Which often even not best way do it, and often there milliseconds matter.
2. If bot follow leader, and leader killed, bot return back to leader even if able grab flag.

I talk mostly about CTF OFC, since play only it and observe things for it. For other game modes can be additional issues.

About problem 2. I not think pairing bot together is bad in general. When they come as team is more fun, rather they try run for flag alone.
But this need some correction in some cases. If possible.

---

Return back to suggested mutator - what exactly from description you need and why?
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

we run our servers with 4 bots.

i would like the following..

if 1 bot ... then order attack

if 2 bots ... then order 1 attack and 2 defend

this is for both teams.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It is very specific setup for very specific server. It can not be applied for this generic mutator. But you can use as base mutator BotOrders and make own custom thing. Or find another mutator, which allow do this via settings.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

New features:
20. FixCTFDefendersOnStolenFlag
- When flag stolen ensure defenders not stuck in dumb modes, like LongCamp or travel to empty FlagBase.

As result:
- bots faster goes return flag.
- Fixed short movements,
- Fixed dodge movement.

Updated in first post: viewtopic.php?t=15400
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

New features:
21. FixSightRadius
- Set SightRadius to 10000 instead of default 5000.

As result:
- bots notice things on bigger distance in some cases.
- Fixed autoloader,
- Fixed flood in log in rare cases.

Last edited by Buggie on Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Something curious happened to me. One day I played smartstockbot with Rocket Arena and I loved it it worked and I thought poutz seems to play on the internet. but the other day (today) I tried to play and the bots were stopped... What happens?

Edit:

In case I'm wrong and it wasn't in AR.
Soo.

REQUEST: Rocket Arena Support
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I not know thing which make RA something which need special treatment from this mutator. This must work as for any other gametype.

If this not work, explain in what problem, because currently I not understand what wrong with RA and related this to that mutator or not.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Buggie wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:06 pm I not know thing which make RA something which need special treatment from this mutator. This must work as for any other gametype.

If this not work, explain in what problem, because currently I not understand what wrong with RA and related this to that mutator or not.
If I activate Smartstockbot. When starting the round the bots do not move. I realized that if I stand in front of this one sometimes with a rocket and the tracking is turned on, it starts to walk. But don't shoot.

On other occasions shots at the bot make it stop a few times in different poses and then (and especially if it's from the same team) after a few poses it seems to wake up. As if he'd gone to the bathroom and gone back to the game. They also don't shoot.

And sometimes he starts in feign death.

There are times when the bots, when moving, just run around the map, and sometimes they walk around to attack with dodges but don't shoot.

That's why I said earlier that it looks like internet players to me. Very curious ways of behavior.

It seems to be something that, because it starts in standby, it does not start and the initial mode (waiting) beats it and does not start when starting.

"GET READY. 3, 2, 1. FIGHT!"...

I tried reinstalling ut and also on other pcs/laptops and the same result was obtained.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Every aspect of this mutator can be turn off in ini. So go to the ini file and start turn off features, until issue not gone.

Which features you need turn off for resolve issue?
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Buggie wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 am Every aspect of this mutator can be turn off in ini. So go to the ini file and start turn off features, until issue not gone.

Which features you need turn off for resolve issue?
Oh! Thanks.

NotMarkAsBot=False (This makes the bot work normally in RA)

Question: What do I lose or gain from this? (in regards to their playability in regards to whether activated).

Already in advance: A GIANT THANK YOU Buggie .
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

You are welcome.

As about option - it simple set bIsABot to False. It must not affect anything except some visual like display in scoreboard label "BOT" near name.
Look like RA do some weird stuff if this flag not set on bots.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

- Fix report messaging spectators as players.
- Fix replicate PRI for messaging spectators.
- Fix flood in log if flag destroyed.

Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

- Fix bug with phantom spectator.

Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Since people ask me again and again:

This bots compatible with any mods which expects stock bots.
Some of compatible mods: Xbots, DynamicBotsCount and so on.

This info added in first post too.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

for some reason my SmartStockBots have become weird.
for example.. in certain spots in Deck16 they will jump twice as high and flip in a loop.
when playing 1v1... they seem to find nice quiet area's where they just stand around on various maps
and only move when you shoot them.
in some instances they jump really far across map... like dodge+jumping that only players can do.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers