Favorite Client Software, Skins for UT99

Discussions about UT99
McDixon
Novice
Personal rank: playa!

Favorite Client Software, Skins for UT99

Post by McDixon »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to mod my UT so I can have a smoother, more personalized experience. Let me know what you guys specifically use so I can get a basic idea of what should I put in my game.
And I've noticed when playing on servers (Instagib) that there is a brief delay after initially hitting someone they die 0.5secs later. And my ping is an average 60ms on those servers which is weird to me. Any fix for that?

If this is not the place where I should post I'm sorry, I tried to find a similar topic. Either I'm blind or there isn't one. :noidea
:flag1:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Favorite Client Software, Skins for UT99

Post by papercoffee »

That's pretty much a general topic.
Moved to "General Discussions"
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

I think you need to be more specific:
What do you mean by "smoother"? "More personalized"? That can be anything.
Please post your specs, your hardware, your settings, the renderer you are using...do you have the 469c? The more info the better. The answer depends on these things. It is not a "one size fits all".
Also, you say when playing on servers. All servers? Or just one server? What is the name of the server? :noidea
EDIT: You also mention "skins" in the title, but nothing about them in the post. What do you mean by skins? Yes, we know what skins are, but do you want to know where to find them? Download them? Do you want to make them? Are they not showing up? Please be specific.
McDixon
Novice

Post by McDixon »

TankBeef wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:04 pm I think you need to be more specific:
What do you mean by "smoother"? "More personalized"? That can be anything.
Any type of software that makes the game look better, run better. (UI, Visuals, Effects, Sounds) I stumbled upon some kind of DirectX 11 mod I think it was on this forum but I can't find it.
Or some must have mods.
Please post your specs, your hardware, your settings, the renderer you are using...do you have the 469c? The more info the better. The answer depends on these things. It is not a "one size fits all".
I think the renderer is set to DirectX but I'm not completely sure, I'll need to double check when I have the chance. As for the settings I think everything is maxed out? Need to check that too. :noidea
I do have the 469c installed
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Video Card: Gigabyte RTX 3060 OC 12GB VRAM
Kingston NV2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
Memory: Kingston CL16 HyperX Fury 16GB 3200Mhz
Also, you say when playing on servers. All servers? Or just one server? What is the name of the server? :noidea
EDIT: You also mention "skins" in the title, but nothing about them in the post. What do you mean by skins? Yes, we know what skins are, but do you want to know where to find them? Download them? Do you want to make them? Are they not showing up? Please be specific.
I don't remember the names of all of them but I've mostly noticed it on the --- ComboGib CTF (Grapple) -- London --- EatSleepUT.com server, that's what I've been playing lately and it's frustrating.
And as for the skins (Character Skins, Weapon Skins) I wanted to say that I just need a couple of links of sites where I can download them on, and I'll figure it out from there.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ok, for skins, models, maps, etc. check here first: https://unrealarchive.org/index.html
For mods, here: https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tournament/mods
For HD textures https://sites.google.com/view/unrealhdtextures/home
You have a very good machine, much better than mine :tu: , so you should not have much performance issues with this game. The D3D11, there is a lot of debate about it, but I personally do not like it, cause it adds too much stuff that is not part of the game: bloom, HDR, ASSAO, etc. I do not recommend joining servers with it either, not good for performance. I prefer OpenGL myself. But...here is the link anyway: https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-direc ... une-and-dx
About the London ComboGib server, I have played there, and yes, it lags, for many reasons. I believe it is a server thing, so maybe you can ask in their forum, and they can help.
McDixon
Novice

Post by McDixon »

Perfect, thanks for the help! :tu:
About the London ComboGib server, I have played there, and yes, it lags, for many reasons. I believe it is a server thing, so maybe you can ask in their forum, and they can help.
Yeah I'll see on their forum if there is any fix there. I'll check that FragNewNet mod too, maybe it will fix the problem.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

McDixon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:01 pm I'll check that FragNewNet mod too, maybe it will fix the problem.
No, fragnewnet is only for servers. This is why I suggested asking them, cause I do not think they use fragnewnet, maybe something similar.
McDixon
Novice

Post by McDixon »

Didn't know that.. guess I'll have to check with them.