dm-harassed

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
darksonny
Adept

dm-harassed

Post by darksonny »

Hi all I found this map and I realized it was registered as uploaded at unrealarchive.org.

But I tried to play it and i got a rare issue it starts the game with all players including me without any weapon to carry and shoot. The weapons and items including non-weapons items are placed in the map. Anybody can try to play to discard if is a problem on my side or is the map itself, please?
I tried also to contact author but his email seems to be inactive or invalid.

Here's the map.
dm-harassed.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: dm-harassed

Post by OjitroC »

The problem is in the map. There are a lot of Cloud Zones and it looks to me that CloudZone5 is placed in the playable area of the map. I'm not an expert on this but I think the CloudZone would destroy the Player(s) before the game starts. You will still spawn and be able to move around but you won't be a Player, won't have the HUD and won't have weapons - basically you would move around it as a spectator and so would any other Players.

I deleted CloudZone5 and the map started fine as did I as a Player. Didn't wander around it so don't know if there are issues elsewhere caused by deleting that CloudZone.

I can PM you the map - but you can just open it up in the Editor, search for Actors, find CloudZone5, delete it and save the map.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:58 pm The problem is in the map. There are a lot of Cloud Zones and it looks to me that CloudZone5 is placed in the playable area of the map. I'm not an expert on this but I think the CloudZone would destroy the Player(s) before the game starts. You will still spawn and be able to move around but you won't be a Player, won't have the HUD and won't have weapons - basically you would move around it as a spectator and so would any other Players.

I deleted CloudZone5 and the map started fine as did I as a Player. Didn't wander around it so don't know if there are issues elsewhere caused by deleting that CloudZone.

I can PM you the map - but you can just open it up in the Editor, search for Actors, find CloudZone5, delete it and save the map.
ok send the map to look for them and get rid of the map, maybe author forgot testing the map...mmm
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Had a wander around it all - no issues from deleting the CloudZone.

There are no paths to the UDamage nor to the Redeemer for bots. Players would only find both of those by chance anyway - the way to the Redeemer is slightly more 'obvious' but only after one has looked in the Editor. The UDamage would only be found by chance as I say or after looking in the Editor. So depends how important it is to you that bots can get either of those (and that Players can find them as well).

Didn't run any other checks - possible that some inventory needs to be moved up a bit for example.