DM-Deck16][ improved paths

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Gadavre
Skilled

Re: DM-Deck16][ improved paths

Post by Gadavre »

It doesn't work. This is very difficult... I have placed the pathnode at the level of the bulletproof vest, but the bot does not jump on the box... I don't understand..it might be better to use LiftExit
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

Buggie
Thanks... task completed! I have memorized the values of the X,Y,and Z parameters. I will use them if on some interesting map, the bot will not be able to jump on the box and take a weapon
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

removed
Last edited by Gadavre on Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Please follow topic theme. Your question not related to it. You should create new topic for it or find another appropriate one.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Gadavre wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:59 pm This is very difficult... I have placed the pathnode at the level of the bulletproof vest, but the bot does not jump on the box...
It does not work this way...
Shortly Logic explained.
When Editor is probing spot for testing movement at Armor and it claims a failure (clearly in classic difficulty jumping there is not possible - Why would loop Pawn there ?), by adding another NODE even higher than armor what exactly are the expectations ? Let me answer: ANOTHER failure. PathNodes are not linked just because are called "PathNodes".
However, this spot is supporting navigation - by FALLING from the ledge. In other hand, some tricky placement of a PathNode around might cause Bot to fail in reaching over Box but... taking armor by touching it (if collision radius is a bit adjusted), it fails but it makes it in the same time - a "good failure".
If Editor doesn't do a connection from top... like in this image...
D16Armor.png
You can add over armor a LiftExit for causing a OneWay falling path from top and the rest of combo nodes placed around top ledge - this way won't be generated lousy paths from top, only from LiftExit placed over Armor.
The other "boxes" are difficult and technically not navigable (BAD mapping options in reality), but various tricks and adjusting collisions might do FULL access everywhere even with a clumsy behavior for novice Bots in "Classic" difficulty, but still widely usable.

For the record, when you pick as game difficulty "Classic" Level, it's not like you can jump on a box that has 64UU without external support (items) - but "Eliot" and "Cannon" perhaps has failed on purpose, or he didn't have any clue about this chapter, and doing a 64 UU Box - like others... Editor is constructing paths based on "Classic" jump capabilities with regard to certain spots. In other cases it won't build anything even if novice Bot can jump there - this is why in my opinion controlling paths should be granted at mapper and not an automated script which is... utterly trash without access to adjust what was flawed. We can have a logic jump from ramp over big Box pointing to UDamage but Editor doesn't do any "Jumper" ReachSpec over there, this is how an automated Script works - no eye and no brain, just executions of a limited set of conditions less tested - or not really tested well.
In CTF-Coret there is a jumpy access at Flak spot - but there is an unusable PlayerStart which UT is fixing itself - yeah, that was a hack implemented later in game itself similar to DM-Pressure - hard-coded fix.

What is good at Deck16 ? It is a nice tutorial pointing at mappers what to NEVER DO at items - which also means learning something...
I did another version without combos over Boxes, this one works even in low difficulty, and here... I easily did some tricks for discarding what some Mutator does at Teleporters and just routing Redeemer other way, Teleporter is only kidnapping Bot, which will get there faster than he expected and happily destroying opponents with Redeemer. The two Teleporters are not even part of Navigation Chain and have Nothing as Pathing data - and Bot is still Teleporting correctly.   
Auto merged new post submitted 7 hours 34 minutes later
However, version without Combos and using 3 stock Bots (average Level and Classic difficulty) in 469c Bot keep moving to the Flak Box even if Bot is already having this weapon. It's just stupid - it bumps in spot all day long until another enemy is triggering a combat. And then ? And then a COMBO for jumping on the Box looks definitely a better strategy that what was in prior post with "complains" against my options. And yes... my paths are NORMAL, not crap.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Beta 10

- fix lift jumps
- rename some internal actors.
- improve box paths.
- add jump to shield directly from boots.
- changed type of some internal actors, for better handle custom paths.

Part of actions able do only SmartStockBots. Usual bots not able properly use ImpactHammer/Boots jumps to shield since use borked aim to target, and simple end way in the acid.
DM-Deck16][bots10.zip
(376.92 KiB) Downloaded 10 times