DM-NBK-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx-2023

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

DM-NBK-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx-2023

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hello All,
Here is the final version of this map. If you have XVehiclesV55 installed already on your PC, you will not need the additional XVehiclesV55 files I included with the archive. Bots run the map well with 16 bots, speed 155, air control 55, SmartStockBots, and Adept. I run a 16-man server which is what it was tested with. Also, low-g is built into the map with all weapons, including the ESR and deemer. I like playing deathmatch. That way, all of the weapons stay on the map. Or it works well with just Redeemer and IG. You've seen all the photos
http://dxfxhouse.com/maps/DM-NBK-Master ... x-2023.zip

Auto merged new post submitted 11 hours 27 minutes later
I removed the XVehiclesV55 files from my archive and added the following notes to the map readMe.

This map need XVehicles at least v56 for load:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
https://github.com/SeriousBuggie/XVehic ... ses/latest
https://www.moddb.com/mods/xvehicles
or search
XVehiclesV*.7z on medor and similar sites

Also, this map must use the latest UT version (v469b or newer).
Work on older versions has not been tested and is not guaranteed.
Last edited by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx on Wed May 24, 2023 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Diablo
Experienced
Personal rank: world's worst mapper

Re: DM-NBK-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx

Post by Diablo »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:12 pm Hello All,
Here is the final version of this map. If you have XVehiclesV55 installed already on your PC, you will not need the additional XVehiclesV55 files I included with the archive. Bots run the map well with 16 bots, speed 155, air control 55, SmartStockBots, and Adept. I run a 16-man server which is what it was tested with. Also, low-g is built into the map with all weapons, including the ESR and deemer. I like playing deathmatch. That way, all of the weapons stay on the map. Or it works well with just Redeemer and IG. You've seen all the photos
DM-NBK-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx.zip

Auto merged new post submitted 11 hours 27 minutes later
I removed the XVehiclesV55 files from my archive and added the following notes to the map readMe.

This map need XVehicles at least v56 for load:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
https://github.com/SeriousBuggie/XVehic ... ses/latest
https://www.moddb.com/mods/xvehicles
or search
XVehiclesV*.7z on medor and similar sites

Also, this map must use the latest UT version (v469b or newer).
Work on older versions has not been tested and is not guaranteed.
Holy shit, this is impressive. I mean, it's not that fun to play on IMO, but as a tech demo, this is amazing. I've seen a lot of bathroom maps before, but this is ludicrously godlike what you've managed to do here. It doesn't seem to be optimized all that well (the mirror can halve or even quarter the framerate in some instances) but this is off the rails awesome! :gj: :tu:
Last edited by Diablo on Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." -Xan Kriegor, 2341.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Diablo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:23 am
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:12 pm Hello All,
DM-NBK-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx.zip

Holy shit, this is impressive. I mean, it's not that fun to play on IMO, but as a tech demo, this is amazing. I've seen a lot of bathroom maps before, but this is ludicrously godlike what you've managed to do here. It doesn't seem to be optimized all that well (the mirror can halve or even quarter the framerate in some instances) but this is off the rails awesome! :gj: :tu:
Thank Diablo for your review. I appreciate the kind words. I was part of a whole community based around Giant Maps with InstaGib low gravity ETC. It's my and our preferred style of play. I know the mirror has FPS fallout, but I haven't noticed any lag or issues while playing on the server with 16 bots. Maybe that's because of my PC and Video card. But the map has been on this site for a while now for people to review and provide feedback. And since there is absolutely no interest in these types of maps on this forum Except for one person (OjitroC). Now that I have finalized the map, will people finally provide feedback? : no idea, I don't really care now. I appreciate all the help I have received on this forum over the years. And I've been nothing but nice to the members and very thankful for their help.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I really like the design and layout - the attention to detail is awesome, must have taken a long time to design/plan and build.

It's only comparatively recently that I have started to play LG/Giant maps on a regular basis (I now have about 5 LG/Giant maps out of the 20 or so DM maps in my folder for the maps I am currently playing). The advent of the map pathing/checking tools has, for me, opened up a wide range of possibilities including pathing maps that weren't previously pathed. This has led me deeper into the 'world' of Giant maps and I have played a lot in the past few months or so.

In my opinion, DM-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx is one of the most impressive Giant maps I have come across and played :tu: I certainly suits my style of play as well as I like to snipe from a distance rather than engage in close range combat.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:55 pm I really like the design and layout - the attention to detail is awesome, must have taken a long time to design/plan and build.

It's only comparatively recently that I have started to play LG/Giant maps on a regular basis (I now have about 5 LG/Giant maps out of the 20 or so DM maps in my folder for the maps I am currently playing). The advent of the map pathing/checking tools has, for me, opened up a wide range of possibilities including pathing maps that weren't previously pathed. This has led me deeper into the 'world' of Giant maps and I have played a lot in the past few months or so.

In my opinion, DM-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx is one of the most impressive Giant maps I have come across and played :tu: I certainly suits my style of play as well as I like to snipe from a distance rather than engage in close range combat.
OjitroC,
Thank you so much for the kind words I'm glad you like it and enjoy playing it. I'm hoping to see it on the sniper servers around the community. I don't mind engaging in some close-quarter combat as long as I have the ESR in my hand lol. Being a member of the GMC community most mappers never cared about the bots because our servers were filled with people. So I'm sure most GM maps are pretty poor when it comes to bot pathing.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi,

Link download map off....
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

[rev]rato.skt wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:51 pm Hi,

Link download map off....
Try copying the link and pasting into your browser.
http://dxfxhouse.com/maps/DM-NBK-Master ... -UT-Dx.zip
Buggie
Godlike

Re: DM-NBK-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx-2023

Post by Buggie »

1. No paths to heli.
2. Manta not usable, since stored in place with low ceiling. You instantly death if you enter it, since smash into ceiling.
3. Folder named "map" into zip, not "Maps" as should be.
4. Skybox horizon is not horizontal.

Here backup of file (folder name fixed, archive recompressed):
DM-NBK-Masterbath-25-UT-Dx-2023.zip
(29.08 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

hi!

a file is missing " XjumpPad " :tu: :gj:
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It is part of XVehicles, which updates constantly, so no point include it. You can found it here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
debilman69
Average
Personal rank: yes

Post by debilman69 »

missing a lot file :mad2: :tu:
ImageImage

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

debilman69 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:49 am missing a lot file :mad2: :tu: