ACE issue?

Discussions about UT99
astuto
Novice

ACE issue?

Post by astuto »

hello, recently it happens that I'm kicked out from a server and this is the reason:
"you have been kicked because a timeout during the ACE checks"
Obviously there are no programs running that use a lot of bandwidth, memory or cpu time, except UT...

Is there a solution for that?
problema ut2.jpg
problema ut2.jpg (27.4 KiB) Viewed 750 times
thanks everybody
astuto
Novice

Re: ACE issue?

Post by astuto »

so this happens only to me... :roll:
chacha
Novice

Post by chacha »

which version of ACE ?
Is it on one particular server ?
astuto
Novice

Post by astuto »

ace version is 13b (see first attached file), this is the server:
problema ut3.jpg
problema ut3.jpg (53.26 KiB) Viewed 690 times
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Try joining the server with a clean unrealtournament and user.ini
Rename your current ini's to back them up. (or move them from the folder)
Start up the game, new ini's will be generated.

If this doesn't work, you can rename you backed up ini's back to their original name.
Eventually you can try joining with a clean ut99, with preferably no mods in \system.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

astuto wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:52 pm "you have been kicked because a timeout during the ACE checks"
This is a CONNECTION issue not INI issue. Usually port used by ACE is not available. This is happening also in certain managed servers where is being used an user account with connections limited only at certain ports. ACE always kicks players in that case... and I had to remove it.
astuto
Novice

Post by astuto »

so what can I do? Ask to the provider about connection? Or try to know what port Ace use and open it?
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

In my experience this virus,trojan or a firewall that blocks ACE from checking your UT
astuto
Novice

Post by astuto »

windows firewall is off, 360 antivir did find nothing malicious.
Last time I played I wasn't kicked, sometimes it happens that I was kicked 2 or 3 times at the beginning of the game, then I succeed to finish the game.
All the times kicks happen at the beginning.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

This is asosed's server, the deck16][ all weapons one. Have you tried contacting him? Don't know if you use discord, but he usually replies there.   
Auto merged new post submitted 10 minutes later
Also...since it says the error could be caused by "connection problems", maybe you could help us with as much network information as you can, ping, internet speed, better yet...press F6 next time you manage to join and send us a screenshot with the info there.
The server is located in Russia, I think. It has fragnewnet, but still...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm not going to point a few very recent problems which I got with ACE, no need to hijack the thread but... "ACE issue" for me was like "ACE issues":
- without XC_Engine server crashed during the load of IpToCountry - needed by certain stuff;
- after solving problem suddenly I was kicked because ACE could not find a cache file - it did not find Cache outside of UT drive - LOL;
- after moving everything, whatever ACE for UT 451 version kicked me because of an ULTRAGORE etc mod doing something in client - server gave me said package and not a homeless guy from the forest;
- I started game after a coffee pause. HardDrives have been parked. When I connected server, until drives were spinning up, ACE crashed game because it did not wait for HDD to wake-up. In a normal server in this case I'm getting a small lag and everything keeps going without problems;
- last time a package similar to Ultragore and doing specific client tweaks made ACE to kick me (SERVER PACKAGE) - no patches no sneezing no farting or else ACE kicks you out.

I apologize if the subject is not of interest.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

TankBeef wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:27 pm This is asosed's server, the deck16][ all weapons one. Have you tried contacting him? Don't know if you use discord, but he usually replies there.   
we talked. Very strange, but ACE does not create logs in his case
astuto
Novice

Post by astuto »

does someone know what port ace uses?
astuto
Novice

Post by astuto »

may this issue be caused by one bios setting, a sort of "cool'n quiet"?
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Ace has a lot of strange errors, me playing with i7 sixth generation 32 gb of ram he kika telling me something about cpu, since I'm only running ut, I can't understand..

ace 13 was even worse for me, it seems he doesn't like cpu amd kika many people for these cpu usage errors, what worked best was 12 for my server.

time out error, also very strange because without ace there is no time out you play normally and don't fall to anything..
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666