Making Nali Weapons 3 work with StuffSapper.

Discussions about everything else
Jake19
Average

Making Nali Weapons 3 work with StuffSapper.

Post by Jake19 »

Hello all.

I wonder if it's possible to make Nali Weapons 3 work with StuffSwapper somehow?
I use a lot of weapons with StuffSwapper right now, but actually i thoght about add Nali Weapons 3 so i can use those weapons along side with others too, but unfortunately i wasn't able to do it.

Is there any way to import Nali Weapons 3 in StuffSwapper?
thank you in advance for the answer. Regards jake19.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Making Nali Weapons 3 work with StuffSapper.

Post by OjitroC »

I've got the Freezer and the Vulcan in my StuffSwapper configs. It's been some time since I used those configs but I don't recall any problems - so it is possible to use them with StuffSwapper.

How are you adding the weapons to SuffSwapper? Can you post an extract from your StuffSwapperItems.ini or from the StuffSwapper.ini showing how you have added them?

This is my StuffSwapperItems.ini entry for the Freezer

Code: Select all

Weapon[84]=MOD:Nali Weapons DES:Freezer STR:NWFreezerVIII.Freezer AMO:NWFreezerVIII.FreezerAmmo
The correct syntax and the spacing between words are crucial.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

I use NW3 with StuffSwapper all the time. I am out of my country now, so I do not have access to my home PC, but...I remember the latest version has an exe, stuffimporter I think? Makes the process of importing weapons from mods much easier.   
Auto merged new post submitted 6 minutes later
EDIT: I remembered something, and Ferali may confirm if wrong, but I thing the NW3 is structured not as a single mutator but as a collection. So each weapon and item had to be imported one at a time. I think it took me some long minutes to get everything I needed, but it all works in the end.
Jake19
Average

Post by Jake19 »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:24 pm How are you adding the weapons to SuffSwapper? Can you post an extract from your StuffSwapperItems.ini or from the StuffSwapper.ini showing how you have added them?
I import weapons through StuffImporter.exe, then in game menu before starting a map, i open StuffSwapper menu, and then selecting the weapons from the mod to replace the default weapons, also i never ever imported any Nali Weapons 3 guns, as the mod isn't a single mod, the weapons there a separate from each other.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I don't use the StuffImporter.exe so can't really help you there.

I prefer to add 'stuff' manually as that gives me more control over what is added and where. It takes a bit of time but works for me. I've now got around 40 different configurations, each with their own unique set of weapons and pickups.

However you can follow TankBeef's advice and import the weapons one by one from their respective packages (.u files) using StuffImporter.exe.
Jake19
Average

Post by Jake19 »

Well thank you all for the help, i will try then import Nali Weapons 3 guns, it will take me some time but i will try it, thank you.

PS: I succesfully managed to import Nali Weapons 3 into StuffSwapper, everything works fine, thanks for the suggestions and all the help, thank you have a nice day.
By the way i added Nali Weapons 3 the way you showed it here Ojitroc, imported them manualy.