Presenting LODBias Compatible Skins Pack for UT99

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
giresun27
Average
Personal rank: 34

Presenting LODBias Compatible Skins Pack for UT99

Post by giresun27 »

Hello UT99 Community,

Thrilled to present a new skin pack for UT99, designed with lodbias feature in mind. This pack boosts visibility across all skins for improved gameplay.

Check the attached images for a sneak peek. The first one shows a skin blending with the environment due to lower detail lodbias. The second one showcases how the new skin pack pops out clearly, regardless of environmental detail settings.

To use lodbias:

Fire up UT99, press tilde (~) for the console.
Type 'preferences' and hit Enter.
Go to Renderer settings.
Find lodbias setting and crank it up to 10 or 'inf'.
Ensure UseS3TC is set to True.
To install the skin pack:

Download it from this link.
Extract all in the zip file to your UT99 game directory's Textures folder (e.g., 'C:\UnrealTournament\Textures'). Choose 'Replace' if asked.
Fire up UT99, and the new skins should be ready. Feedback and thoughts are much appreciated. Enjoy the game and happy fragging!
Shot00126.png
Shot00135.jpg
Shot00130.jpg
Last edited by giresun27 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berserker
Experienced

Re: Presenting LODBias Compatible Skins Pack for UT99

Post by Berserker »

Excellent work! But I can't get the textures to work online. I don't think your textures are conformed, which will result in package mismatch when you try to play online with them.

I have also tried to do the exact same method of making skins upscaled and excluded from lodbias, I did the female pack but I never finished the rest. Are you familiar with what conforming does?
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
giresun27
Average

Post by giresun27 »

Thanks for your feedback and pointing out the potential issue. I must confess that I'm not completely familiar with the process of conforming packages in Unreal Engine. Could you possibly provide some guidance or point me in the direction of some resources where I could learn more about this?

even after the packages are conformed, would they still need to be whitelisted ?

would you be interested in working together on this? If you could help me conform these packages and re-upload the skin pack, it would be of immense help. This could possibly be a step forward in making this skin pack more accessible and usable for the UT99 community
giresun27
Average

Post by giresun27 »

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that I've made significant progress on the skinpack for Unreal Tournament. These skins have now been conformed to the original Unreal Tournament skins. This means that they should now be more compatible with servers and clients that enforce strict consistency checks on game resources.

You can download the updated skinpack from this link: https://mega.nz/file/JI9j2IyT#TkxgRXOC2 ... 3pkkGUtoGk

Remember, these are the conformed skins that have been processed to ensure compatibility with the original game resources. Please download the updated skinpack and give them a try in your games!

As always, your feedback is invaluable to us. If you encounter any issues or have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to share them here.

Happy fragging!