Introducing the UT Server Browser: ut99.org/servers

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Introducing the UT Server Browser: ut99.org/servers

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:00 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:26 am Not sure if this the right place to post this but for the last couple of days the Server Browser and so the 333Networks masterserver has been incorrectly reporting the number of players on servers - currently the total number is negative (-27), which is impossible?

I now know why this is - a GauntletWarriors server is reported as having -106/20 players!!
Did you report it to 333Networks?
No - I now realise it is something that is not within their control being due to a glitch on a server which has now been solved.

I have seen something similar in the past where a server reported 20/20 players when it was actually unpopulated and thus the total player count was inflated by 20.
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Re: Introducing the UT Server Browser: ut99.org/servers

Post by Darkelarious »

_21 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:02 pm Super cool feature to have! I think this will help a lot for people to find servers. Thank you @Darkelarious!

I also have 2 usability bugs to report:

When you link a selected server, the selection is not visible on screen. servers#/utserv/85.215.164.168:53000
Would it be possible to have it scroll to selection? I think an `Element.scrollIntoView()` should do the trick!

Selection is changed to the first option when I sort by a different column. I would expect my selection to only change when I click on a different server.
Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll start playing around with that in my next """vacation""". #1 shouldn't be too hard, but #2 surprises me (I noticed it too, now you mentioned it) and scares me, because that means fighting with javascript again. :help:
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...