[UGold227j] MetalU - Total Conversion !!!RELEASED!!!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
makemeunreal
Masterful

[UGold227j] MetalU - Total Conversion !!!RELEASED!!!

Post by makemeunreal »

MetalU - Total Conversion

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zp3mgus0 ... jrnli&dl=1

MetalU is a Total Conversion mod for Unreal that aims to bring an obscure 2000's shooter to a more versatile platform that is Unreal Engine.
Metal is an Arena Shooter game developed by the independent Developer and Publisher; Idigicon Limited (Based in the UK) in 2002. The game has a strong connection to Quake 3 and some minor resemblance to Unreal Tournament 1999.
Metal used to be sold at different Hypermarkets in Europe including Hungary where it rose to notoriety due to the "Hungarian AVGN; Rossz PC Játékok Sorozat. (Bad PC Games Series)
The reviewer made fun of the game's lazy design, ugly graphics and a generally bad gameplay.
The video can be seen here:

Although a Quake 3 copycat; the game came with pretty much no options in regards of controls, graphics, sound, music. And the biggest flaw, there's no multiplayer in the game. (Why would anyone want to play this?)
These are the things we aim to change in our port/remake. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE INTEND ON KEEPING THE MOD AS AUTHENTIC TO THE ORIGINAL ONE AS POSSIBLE! With some extras of course.
- New maps and map variants: (Please note that the ORIGINAL MAPS LOOK LIKE THIS: DmMetalMTL01.unr)
UNR variant = Metal maps but Unreal pickups.
Jumpboot = Metal maps but with my custom Jumpboots placed.
Railgun = Metal maps but with my custom-made Railgun placed.
More Pickups = Metal maps but with more pickups placed.
- New items: Rocket Pack, Jumpboots, and a Railgun analog called the Desintegrator + Desintegrator Skins

Developer: ISV-makemeunreal; ISV-GamesHarder (+1 Bonus Map by ISV-Pla)
Platform: Unreal Gold 227i-j-k
Special Thanks: BrutishMrFish (A.K.A. AlCapowned) who helped me a lot to get over the coding problems. He also let us use the base code for Protein Denaturer. Thank you or all the patience!
Also, Bleeder91[NL] who jumped to help on Discord several times.

What's in the mod for now?
- 4 Original Weapons + 1 Bonus (Pistol, Plasma Gun, Protein Denaturer, RPG + Desintegrator)
- 6 Original Maps + 5 Bonus Variant of the Originals including: Jumpboot and Railgun Variants.
We want to separate the faithful content from the bonus stuff; hence the map variants.
- 4 Original Items + 3 Bonus (Health Pack, Armor, Plasma Cells, Pistol Rounds + Jumpboots, Rocket Pack, Desintegrator Fuel)
- 6 Original Music, all the Original Sounds, Textures and all the Models we managed to export and reuse.
Screenies

What's in the future?
Pretty much nothing! We are currently sorting all the bugs out and plan to release the mod once we are done with them. I plan on hosting an event where all the Rossz PC Játékok Sorozat fans can get together and frag some.
(There's at least 2 custom maps coming, and driveable versions of the vehicles seen on MTL05.)

FAQ
- Will it work with UT?
No. Not even with the newest UT patch out. (469d)

- Will the mod work with vanilla Unreal DM maps?
It will, but there's currently no mutators that will replace Unreal items with Metal ones. You can use an Item Swapper tho.

- Will the mod have a custom gametype?
Yes.

- How to access the custom gametype?

Contact
Please contact me via e-mail in case you have any questions or feedback that you are not interested in sharing publically under the post.
makemeunreal@gmail.hu

UPDATE #1
I made the Desintegrator in order to make the gameplay a bit better as you can see Metal came with only 4 weapons. It would be quite a disaster for a Quake-copycat to not to have a Railgun analogue.
The Desintegrator aims to fill that void in. I tried to be as minimalistic with the design as I could why staying somewhat true to the original Railgun shape featured in Quake games. The Textures are from Metal and so is the sound. The weapons in Metal are a totally static model. We tried to emulate that within the mod, but we had to make certain sacrifices in order to make the mod a bit more playable.
Since the Desintegrator is not in the original Metal Weapon Rooster I decided to have it excluded from the original maps and made a DmMTLxyRailgun variant of the map instead so those who are looking for a more faithful Metal experience can launch the original form of the maps.

During the "development" of the Desintegrator I came up with the idea of having different "skins" and attachments to it. It was just an experiment but I decided to release them separately.
Please note that this is purely Bonus stuff. The skins turned out to be rather buggy when converted into meshes.
Last edited by makemeunreal on Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: [UGold227j] MetalU - Total Conversion

Post by OjitroC »

Looks and sounds fascinating :tu:

Certainly interested in playing it when it is released plus, of course, it will bring some new weapons and opponents into Unreal.

Is it not possible to make a mutator to replace the Unreal weapons in ordinary Unreal maps? Is there an item swapper available (other than the [SP] one which I couldn't get to work)? It could be interesting to play the mod in a wider range of maps once one has played through the maps that will come with the mod.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

The final release will defienetely have a mutator to do exactly so!   
Auto merged new post submitted 3 hours 53 minutes later
I made the Desintegrator in order to make the gameplay a bit better as you can see Metal came with only 4 weapons. It would be quite a disaster for a Quake-copycat to not to have a Railgun analogue.
The Desintegrator aims to fill that void in. I tried to be as minimalistic with the design as I could why staying somewhat true to the original Railgun shape featured in Quake games. The Textures are from Metal and so is the sound. The weapons in Metal are a totally static model. We tried to emulate that within the mod, but we had to make certain sacrifices in order to make the mod a bit more playable.
Since the Desintegrator is not in the original Metal Weapon Rooster I decided to have it excluded from the original maps and made a DmMTLxyRailgun variant of the map instead so those who are looking for a more faithful Metal experience can launch the original form of the maps.

During the "development" of the Desintegrator I came up with the idea of having different "skins" and attachments to it. It was just an experiment but I decided to release them separately.
Please note that this is purely Bonus stuff. The skins turned out to be rather buggy when converted into meshes.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

I made all the cars that could be found on DmMTL05 driveable.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Due to different time cosntraints I decided upon the release of a beta version of the mod. Download link added to the first post as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zp3mgus0 ... jrnli&dl=1
UPDATE!: Link got replaced. Beta1.1 - fixed all missing dependancies.