Skaagesh - Supreme Skaarj Warlord

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Skaagesh
Personal rank: Lord of the Skaarj

Skaagesh - Supreme Skaarj Warlord

Post by Skaagesh »

It is I, Skaagesh! Ruler of the Skaarj! Hobbies include conquering, wiping out lesser skaarj bloodlines, eradicating lesser species and preserving the Skaarj heritage by eliminating those warlords who seek to "purify" the skaarj genome through genetic experimentation.

In all seriousness, I've been a fan of Unreal since I was about 4. I played quite alot of UT2004 when it was first released, and was quick to get UDK when it was released in 2010/2011. The issue at that point was that my computer could only just handle the engine, so I did play around quite alot but was never able to make a full project using the engine. Back then I had conceptualized a game in which you played as a human with a touch of skaarj DNA. The game would be an open world game and you would unlock your skaarj abilities throughout the game. It would have quite a strong melee focus and a forest/jungle/mining planet atmosphere. There would be a central hub of humans, with a massive fence up that was intended to keep the skaarj out, but there would be constant battles and breaches to the fence. A major part of the game would be to bridge the gap between Unreal and Unreal Tournament - an Unreal game that would be very close to the original Unreal game, but have plots exploring concepts such as the creation of some of the Skaarj/human hybrid, the creation of the robots seen in UT and the commercialization of some of the weapons from Unreal. There should be a time in the unreal universe where the Liandri Corporation is shifting from their typical mining operations to weapons manufacturing and experimentation which all lead up to the tournaments.

So back then I was quite unconvinced by the concept, or my ability to be able to actually create such a project, but I see that it becomes more and more possible all the time. Megascans allows you to take assets and use them for free as long as you only use them in the unreal engine, theres plenty of tutorials showing a person how to create a full project, and Unreal Engine appears to be far more user friendly than before, automating certain processes that used to be manual. Also, very importantly, Epic has basically completely abandoned the concept of Unreal, pulling all of the titles off of every available store.

So based on all of this, I have been recreating the assets from the first Unreal to maintain the original look and feel, while also being updated to be realistic by modern standards. The project is very ambitious and hasn't been without problems. I had previously created the Nali, a few different Skaarj, EightBall, Bio Rifle, Flak Cannon and Stinger, all in HD, with textures and some with Animations as well - Then my laptop was stolen. So I've had to start over. Currently i've only finished the Stinger 3d model and need to start texturing and animating it. Besides that im almost done with the 3d models of the Skaarj, Brute and Tentacle. I would like to get those done quickly so I can actually start implementing them and bring my first level to life, as a basic demonstration of the type of game I would like to create.

So any contributions/feedback or general questions are welcome. I definitely know that I will need help if I ever do actually plan to release such a title, but I wouldn't expect anyone to assist me before they see the work I've put in on my own already. So I'll definitely post updates and images as I get finished with things. Other than that, its great to be part of a community dedicated to Unreal! I hope to make some solid contributions of my own and hope that I can make some new friends along the way!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Skaagesh - Supreme Skaarj Warlord

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome to the forum.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Greetings...
Skaagesh wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:11 pmIt is I, Skaagesh! Ruler of the Skaarj!
...and welcome to the forum.
My Skaarj are my roommates, who mostly don't eat my pets.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I for one welcome our new Skaarj overlords, greetings!