Full Circle OMG! (Docker question)

Discussions about Servers
Jimmy_the_Cow
Personal rank: moo

Full Circle OMG! (Docker question)

Post by Jimmy_the_Cow »

The year is 1999, and im 17yrs old. Someone gives me a burned copy of UT99, and thus began my entire lifetime of being a server admin. I helped admin the "Big Ass Maps" Assault server many years ago, and was active with the DAMIT clan, and TWG.

Anywho... I literately owe my entire carrier choice to this game. So imagine my surprise when I stumble across an active forum, with real servers, and modern patched games!!

So of course I spun up a VM and got docker-compose fingers flying.

I am using the "Roemer/ut99-server" from githug, but am having a hard time getting my added maps to show up in game. (also I wanna change the start uri but cant seem to figure it out)

I am super stoked to play a bit more, I used to host a clan called MAXIMUS. Went to many, many, many lan parties. PDX lan, Seattle lans... DAMIT Con....

Thanks for reading this rant from an old timer. But I became very excited when I was able to host a server I used it, again.

I just really want to get the Big Ass Maps running lol
Shrimp
Adept

Re: Full Circle OMG! (Docker question)

Post by Shrimp »

Welcome (back) :) :rock:
Jimmy_the_Cow wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:45 amI am using the "Roemer/ut99-server" from githug, but am having a hard time getting my added maps to show up in game. (also I wanna change the start uri but cant seem to figure it out)
Based on the info in the README combined with the Compose file, it seems you just need to create a directory called ut99-data next to the docker-compose.yml file.

Inside there create a Maps directory and drop the .unr files you want to play inside. The directory names will be case sensitive, so make sure they're capitalised appropriately.

If you have this structure in place it's also quite possible the maps you're trying to include have unmet dependencies in terms of textures or scripts, make sure those are in the relevant directories under ut99-data as well. Test with a really simple map to make sure it's working at all before trying others.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Jimmy_the_Cow
Personal rank: moo

Post by Jimmy_the_Cow »

I managed to get the server up and running in docker, I got the maps I want loaded, and I am able to play around the way I want.

My next question is, how do I change the docker-compose.yml environmental variables for initial server launch?

Basically I am using the base example file from the github repository, and I want to change it. Is there more info I am not seeing?

Face?game=BotPack.CTFGame?mutator=BotPack.InstaGibDM,MVES.MapVote,FlagAnnouncementsV2.FlagAnnouncements

Id much rather have it be setup for Assault gametype, no instagib, and the first map be AS-canyon

Thank you in advance for the help! Its such a blast getting this up and running again hahah
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Change as follows:

Code: Select all

- UT_SERVERURL="CTF-Face?game=BotPack.CTFGame?mutator=BotPack.InstaGibDM,MVES.MapVote,FlagAnnouncementsV2.FlagAnnouncements"
Should become:

Code: Select all

- UT_SERVERURL="AS-Canyon?game=BotPack.Assault?mutator=BotPack.InstaGibDM,MVES.MapVote,FlagAnnouncementsV2.FlagAnnouncements"
It's easier if you just break it down and re-join with ?, like:
  • AS-Canyon
  • game=BotPack.Assault
  • mutator=BotPack.InstaGibDM,MVES.MapVote,FlagAnnouncementsV2.FlagAnnouncements
The gametype options are:
  • BotPack.DeathMatchPlus - normal DM
  • BotPack.TeamGamePlus - TDM
  • BotPack.LastManStanding
  • BotPack.Assault
  • BotPack.CTFGame
  • BotPack.Domination
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!