Loading Mutators

Discussions about Servers
prime
Novice

Loading Mutators

Post by prime »

Hi all,

I have a sever up and running on my local network that I start with a Linux shell script, and have Map Vote Ultimate running on.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

NAME=`basename $0`
SERVERDIR=/local/home/afra/UT/Server_32
SYSTEMDIR=$SERVERDIR/System
SERVERINI="$SERVERDIR/Config/Server.ini"

TEST="0"

SERVERBIN="./ucc-bin"
STARTMAP="CTF-Face.unr"

if [ "$TEST" == "1" ]; then
  GAMETYPE="BotPack.DeathMatchPlus"
  MUTATORS="MVU3.BDBMapVote"
  echo "Running test!"
else
  GAMETYPE="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletCTF"
  MUTATORS="MVU3.BDBMapVote,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUWeaponModifier,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUReplace,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.DeemerToLRPC,GauntletAssaultFix.GauntletAssaultFix,NDgencli5.ND_Mut,NDgrap49c.GrapMut,NoSelfDamage.NoSelfDamage"
  echo "Running gauntlet"
fi

#GAMETYPE="BotPack.DeathMatchPlus"
#MUTATORS="MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,GauntletAssaultFix.GauntletAssaultFix"

if [ -z "$MUTATORS" ]; then
  SERVERPARAMS=" server $STARTMAP?game=$GAMETYPE? ini=$SERVERINI log=ut.log -nohomedir"
else
  SERVERPARAMS=" server $STARTMAP?game=$GAMETYPE?mutator=$MUTATORS ini=$SERVERINI log=ut.log -nohomedir"
fi
echo $NAME

case "$NAME" in
	go)
		rm Logs/*
		cd $SYSTEMDIR
echo "$SERVERBIN $SERVERPARAMS"
		$SERVERBIN $SERVERPARAMS &
		;;
	stop)
		killall -9 ucc-bin
		;;
	*)
		echo "Error, must be called as 'go' or 'stop'"
		;;
esac

In my MVU_Config.ini I have lines like these :

CustomGameConfig[10]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletDM",NewPrefix="EGDM",mutators="MVU3.BDBMapVote,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUWeaponModifier,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUReplace,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.DeemerToLRPC,GauntletAssaultFix.GauntletAssaultFix,NDdj4.DoubleJumpUT,NDgencli5.ND_Mut,NDgrap49c.GrapMut,NoSelfDamage.NoSelfDamage",Settings="timelimit=10,maxsmall=8,maxmed=6,maxbig=4,maxhuge=3,maxgiant=1",Packages="")
CustomGameConfig[11]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletCTF",NewPrefix="EGCTF",mutators="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletMutator,MVU3.BDBMapVote,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUWeaponModifier,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUReplace,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.DeemerToLRPC,GauntletAssaultFix.GauntletAssaultFix,NDdj4.DoubleJumpUT,NDgencli5.ND_Mut,NDgrap49c.GrapMut,NoSelfDamage.NoSelfDamage",Settings="timelimit=10,maxsmall=8,maxmed=6,maxbig=4,maxhuge=3,maxgiant=1",Packages="")
CustomGameConfig[12]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletDOM",NewPrefix="EGDOM",mutators="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletMutator,MVU3.BDBMapVote,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUWeaponModifier,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUReplace,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.DeemerToLRPC,GauntletAssaultFix.GauntletAssaultFix,NDdj4.DoubleJumpUT,NDgencli5.ND_Mut,NDgrap49c.GrapMut,NoSelfDamage.NoSelfDamage",Settings="timelimit=10,maxsmall=8,maxmed=6,maxbig=4,maxhuge=3,maxgiant=1",Packages="")
CustomGameConfig[13]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletAS",NewPrefix="EGAS",mutators="Gauntlet-10-BetaV4.GauntletMutator,MVU3.BDBMapVote,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUWeaponModifier,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.EXUReplace,ExuWeaponsLiteV4.DeemerToLRPC,GauntletAssaultFix.GauntletAssaultFix,NDdj4.DoubleJumpUT,NDgencli5.ND_Mut,NDgrap49c.GrapMut,NoSelfDamage.NoSelfDamage",Settings="timelimit=10,maxsmall=8,maxmed=6,maxbig=4,maxhuge=3,maxgiant=1",Packages="")
Question is, is there a neater way of doing this like loading the list of mutators from a file, as I'm about to add a load more, and this is going to get pretty unwieldy soon......

Cheers.

Phill.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Loading Mutators

Post by EvilGrins »

Not sure about all that, but if you're just starting out you may want to limit the number of mutators you use. Less for other people to load up to join your games.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

How I define mutators to load in file ucc.init.rc (I split ucc startup code from its variables because I'm running multiple servers):

UT_DIR=/home/ut99/ut-server/7777/

UT_MODS=MapPatcherSvr.MapPatcherSvr,MapVoteULv1_2.BDBMapVote,SBQueenSaverV2.SBQueenSaver,SBMutatorFastWarShell-V5.SBMutatorFastWarShell,SBFactoryMonsterCounterV1.SBFactoryMonsterCounter,CoopTranslocator12.CoopTranslocatorMutator,MHTranslator2.MHTranslatorMutator,UserMute.UserMuteMutator,GiftFromDecoration.GiftFromDecorationMutator

# SBMapInfo only for local test server
UT_MODS="$UT_MODS,SBMapInfoV3.SBMapInfo"

UT_BIN=ucc-bin-x86-7777
…
Ofc you must adapt your shell script to use these variables AND to include the RC file, for example with . ucc.init.rc.
EDIT: I just noticed this will not help if you run different mutators with the map vote system.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
prime
Novice

Post by prime »

Right,

So having played around a little it seems that in map vote if my custom map type specifies mutators="" then it will continue to use the
current set of mutators. So Since this server will only be running gauntlet, and not any other game type I can just define the mutators in
the Shell script, and just use variable concatenation there to make things more manageable.

Cheers.

Phill.