UT Community SDK Release Thread

OjitroC
Godlike

Re: UT Community SDK Release Thread

Post by OjitroC »

Shadow wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:28 am //edit: Commenting out works for me. The engine doesnt bind to SDK's dll files. I think you also need to comment out the Render entry and set it back to "Render=Render.Render".
I did indeed comment out the Render entry.

The only thing I didn't comment out was the [sdkEngine.sdkEngine] - though I commented out the entry under that heading which was ;SceneManager=sdkExeEngine.sdkExeSceneManager. So could it be that leaving [sdkEngine.sdkEngine] resulted in the game using that?

I should say that I have now moved all the sdkEngine/sdkCore files off the UT path and so the game now uses Engine.Engine.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: UT Community SDK Release Thread

Post by Shadow »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:43 pm
Shadow wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:28 am //edit: Commenting out works for me. The engine doesnt bind to SDK's dll files. I think you also need to comment out the Render entry and set it back to "Render=Render.Render".
I did indeed comment out the Render entry.

The only thing I didn't comment out was the [sdkEngine.sdkEngine] - though I commented out the entry under that heading which was ;SceneManager=sdkExeEngine.sdkExeSceneManager. So could it be that leaving [sdkEngine.sdkEngine] resulted in the game using that?

I should say that I have now moved all the sdkEngine/sdkCore files off the UT path and so the game now uses Engine.Engine.
Does this issue still persist, OjitroC? Did you consider trying out experimenting in a different UT directory as testing environment?

Meanwhile the next release finally came out.

Beta Q4/2023 implements real static mesh support and an UMesh-based rendering engine, making the old 2013 static meshes obsolete. Hundreds of bugfixes and improvements have been implemented to the framework too. Thank you for downloading and testing!

Download: UTSDK Beta Q4/2023