THIS MAP IS FOR UT2004
Shot001.jpg
Shot002.jpg
Shot003.jpg
Link:
DM-VDM-SubitaMorteV1.1.zip
(7.27 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
STORY:

Hidden in the mountains of Arborea lies a long abandoned fortress, the population was wiped out by a human plague that killed many Gen Mo'Kai all across the planet. Liandri managed to make a deal with the alien species by eradicating the virus in the fortress, in exchange the location was salvaged to be used in the Grand Tournament. The Gen Mo'Kai agreed as they saw the fortress as a relic from an older era and instead of using the place for religious purposes, they want to give the fortress a new purpose, it's the equivalent of turning a church into an arena...., the Gen Mo'Kai truly have a unique sense of duality.

PERSONAL NOTES:

My first vehicular DM map for UT2004, ever since I played DM-BB-VehicleWar I fell in love with DM with vehicles, I never understood why Epic didn't do anything with the concept of vehicular DM, not even the sequel UT3 has anything similar. This map is also the first map that I made with my new PC, this map took longer than I thought because my PC uses Windows 11 and it has some issues with the editor of UT2004 (actors take a long time to select depending on how many actors are visible, an issue that always existed but now it's much worse). I'm very happy at how this map turned out, the bots are decent mostly thanks to the custom actor from DM-BB-VehicleWar but even then they aren't the smartest when it comes to using vehicles. I had to create a new counterpart of the Leviathan because the original had an issue when it deploys (the vehicle doesn't kill anyone). This map uses all the vehicles of UT2004 including the ones from the Bonus Pack and Assault exclusive vehicles, the only exception was the TC-1200 as it's useless. I hope you enjoy the map :)

CHANGELOG 1.1:

-Changed one of the screenshots.
-Modified the tanks to improve the bot support.
Last edited by Aspide on Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere in Nevada...
Aspide
Skilled

Re: DM-VDM-SubitaMorte

Post by Aspide »

I'm curious, does anyone have this issue in Windows 11 where the editor of UT2004 has a long delay when you select an actor? , I'm happy how this map turned out but it wasn't very fun working on it because of that problem, I hope someone knows the solution since the internet didn't help me that much.
Somewhere in Nevada...
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Nice looking map. Great skybox. Love the back story, as always.

Good job :tu:
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Hello everyone, I made a small patch to fix a few things in this map. I hope you all like the changes :mrgreen:
(the changes are in the changelog in the original post)
Somewhere in Nevada...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Have you considered converting this to ut99?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:48 am Have you considered converting this to ut99?
All my UT2004 can be ported to UT99 since I use BSP for the majority of the level geometry, however I don't have the tools to do it (like the tool that is used to port UT2004 terrain to UT99), Buggie ported a map I made (VCTF-TheGrandCanyon) so Buggie is the one that can port this map to UT99, I believe that this map will be a lot of fun in UT99 with the XVehicles in DeathMatch.
Somewhere in Nevada...