Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

You guys have it easy, geez

Post by Red_Fist »

Learn a song and play guitar ?

Just listen on youtube and "record"
then burn to a CD
Then have a cd player with an A B function.

We had to buy the album so you could move the needle back a trillion times over. (and ruin the grooves for that song) I did that learning, Rush, 2112. felt sorry for that record afterwards, LoLz

Plus all these websites that other people already learned the song and put up all the chords, or notes.

Pretty cool I did that and now the new way, but it still don't make you play the instrument-song.
I think I have a CD player with A B function around here someplace.
Binary Space Partitioning
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: You guys have it easy, geez

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I enjoy the progress of technology! \o/
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Wait for the moment where ChatGPT can interpret music / your records and points out where you can improve and how you can improve, inclusive generating its own melodies or rythms.
I, too, enjoy the progress of technology. :D
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

I like how you think a CD player is insane cool advanced tech when, in reality, CD players are so oldschool I'm surrounded by people who no longer have any CD player (let alone CD drive). Burning a CD is so vintage you can make it a personality trait around hipsters.
Not to mention burning CDq with mp3s recorded or downloaded from God knows where is the epitomy of the mid 2000s. It reminds me of my teenage years.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Shade wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:19 pm Wait for the moment where ChatGPT can interpret music / your records and points out where you can improve and how you can improve, inclusive generating its own melodies or rythms.
I, too, enjoy the progress of technology. :D
I'm not ...at least not the progress it has right now, where it's contra creator and pro CEOs.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Going to see if I can fix this Dennon rack mount pro CD player that does have A B function and pitch. I hope I can get it working because the pitch function will also be worth it a lot

Oh but wait, the new tech the cheap little switch got mashed in for the eject button, small push switch has a clicker, like a clicker toy, like a piece of round thin metal domed disc that snaps in and snaps out about 3/16 diameter, no springs.

Oh but wait, the new tech and this player, they made the eject plastic button the only one on it that is different than all the other ones and the PLASTIC broke and caused the switch to break. So now I am forced to un-solder another small switch and put the other one in place for a function I won't use. As opposed to being forced to order a whole new front panel PC board that would cost a fortune and probably not made anymore, it's a 2014.

New tech now or then is made to throw away or spend mega bucks, all because they want to cram stuff in and be CHEAP !!!!
After all that, I will still have to use a small poker to use the eject button, or rig something.

I do see vinyl records coming back in popularity now, because digital SUCKS. :mrgreen:

It Works !!!!!

AND my CHEAP ass guitar, it's Ashthorpe . forgot the E, but this damn thing is just so awesome, can't believe it myself, I have no words. ADD, I just mentioned to my niece about finding some junk or even toy guitar or broken and try to fix,to have some around the house. Last year they got me this for my birthday. Put new different thinner strings on it. I would NOT even waist my breath on this, or bragging, it's just the damn thing sounds so good once it's tuned, BOOM, you won't believe it either.
I would try GHS boomers bronze phosphor Thins 11's
I am using ultra light Ernie Ball Cobalt electric guitar stings now, because the ones that come with it are way to LOUD and stiff and have not played for 30 years. Even then, still to thick.
Attachments
swap85.jpg
Swapout2.jpg
swap33.jpg
swap22.jpg
swap1.jpg
Last edited by Red_Fist on Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

"If it works, it isnt stupid" :mrgreen:
Vinyl is doing pretty good: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl_revival

Edit: In terms of repairability, we sadly dont have it so easy anymore. Things are getting more complicated and are more and more designed in a way that repairing is not an option.
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Last note.

The not good switch still works but not any definite click, I pushed a pen in the center of that small disc , a little bit to be more domed.
Now I need a user manual for some things I can't button my way through. It only plays one song and stops, these were used at a radio station. So I need a manual, I read it also burns directly to a thumb drive, it does a lot more than I would have thought,,,,pro gear.
The other stereo behind has an 8 Track tape player, all works quite well, from my auto repair guy, has record player , al cheapo and old, but useful. (and some money for repair)
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Funny, I recently repaired my old tuner by changing a switch just like the ones you show and a capacitor which had lost the ability to store enough power to keep channels in memory when the machine was switched off. I doubt it'd be similarily easy to find service manuals and part lists for new equipment.
You must construct additional pylons.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

My Al cheapo guitar, just practice, trying to make a basic track to practice too.

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?resid=7 ... V02-j9YbtM" width="98" height="120" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>