Huge list of good tracker music for maps from modarchive.org

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

Huge list of good tracker music for maps from modarchive.org

Post by Buggie »

I want share my playlist of tracker music from modarchive.org.
List contain 1449 tracks, selected after review 7700+ tracks in suitable range of file size (1 - 3 MB) from all tracks from modarchive (downloaded via torrent).
In size, all tracks from it take 2.15 GB and can be played for 4 days 14 hours 53 minutes and 11 seconds.

I use this tracks for my maps conversions (MH and VCTF mostly).
Also it used during Daily Games for VCTF which you can see on XV youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@xvehicles

You can use it as list, from which take song and directly look and play it on modarchive.org.
Or you can download huge torrents, unpack all in one folder, put playlist here and open with some player, which plays tracker music and support such playlists.
Format of playlist is simple, so can be converted in something else pretty easy.

In archive two files. It is same playlist, just in different formats.

You can use AIMP for play this playlists.
for UT maps.7z
(51.34 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Aspide
Skilled

Re: Huge list of good tracker music for maps from modarchive.org

Post by Aspide »

This is great however I cannot download the file because my computer says that there's a virus in the file, Buggie can you check if this is true or it's just a false alarm.
Somewhere in Nevada...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Haha yes modarchive.org is a good source for great music.
I take those tracker music and sometimes edit them to be in a loop to a certain point in the track works very well.
I use OpenMPT for this.

Edit----------------------
I keep all the credits how the original composer has set them up and just add to the name -loopedit
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

That was so much of a headache to find a suitable music track for maps with no music tracks (or with bugged tracks to replace).
Now i see, this site is practically endless collection of such tracks for UT...
Thanks a lot. :tu:
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Aspide wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:03 am This is great however I cannot download the file because my computer says that there's a virus in the file, Buggie can you check if this is true or it's just a false alarm.
You can throw your AV in a window. .7z archive contain two text files - .pls and .m3u. There physically can't be any viruses.   
Auto merged new post submitted 10 minutes later
Eternity wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:54 am That was so much of a headache to find a suitable music track for maps with no music tracks (or with bugged tracks to replace).
Now i see, this site is practically endless collection of such tracks for UT...
Thanks a lot. :tu:
Well, there goes another problem - too many tracks which in best case not suitable for maps. In worst case it just ears raping.
Unfortunately most quality of tracks too low or just not fit for use on maps.
You can look at numbers. 1500 tracks from 7700. This mean 19% of music, which can be used. I keep almost everything which can be used. Not all super great. So if you want really great music you need waste a lot time, before you find something.

I start this project after spent enormous amount of time when need music, and find nothing good.
Attempt find something by name, rating or genre - almost not work. You need review all and keep some for later use.
Other ways here almost not work.

Such list not final. On modarchive continue add music, so it can't be final.

Also another note - some music dropped because contain mistake and make huge silence at end. Possible it can be fixed with OpenMPT, But when there so many other nice tracks, possible not worth spent time for that.
Also there can be question of author rights,
Some really good music be dropped because of that.

Also another reason of drop near 10 tracks - youtube complain to it, as licensed. I drop such tracks instantly as I found.
Same for stock UT music. It is all on modarchive. I not keep it. However, if there exists good modification of it, I keep it.

In general it more reflect my tastes, but I guess it good ground for filter it out and got nice music which fit you.
Some tracks really truly gems.
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

That's weird, anyway I managed to download the file and wow 1449 tracks? , I can't imagine how much time it took you to find these songs. I also listen to songs in ModArchive and I barely have 150 songs in my collection, I will listen to all of them and maybe I will use them in some of my custom maps, Thanks Buggie :gj:
Somewhere in Nevada...
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

https://amp.dascene.net/newresult.php?r ... t&search=a

I strongly recommend checking "Amiga Music Preservation" as well. They claim to be the largest and most comprehensive database for tracker music. There are tracks that can't be found on modarchive. In addition to that, AMP has proper credits for every mod track and they are nicely grouped with info about the artists. This is something that is missing from modarchive and the tracks there have little to no info on who made them.
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image