Original Character models 3ds and obj

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Re: Original Character models 3ds and obj

Post by SilverSound »

Just use DN_UnPSA_Toolkit to combine the PSA files. It will generate a UC file for you too.

Also a PSA file is useless without a PSK to match. I think the male and female vert meshes use the same animations btw.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

meowcatbuf wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 am So I've got a bit of a side project for my UT2k4 Yet Another Real-life Mod (YARM) - I really liked UT99's default vertmesh animations so I decided to try and remake them (most of them anyways for the male player models) for my custom skeleton that my YARM player models used. If I can get them finished in the next couple of months I would consider releasing the .psa file for rigging custom characters to, along with a simple player model in .ms3d/.smd/.psk for reference for rigging. I have not worked on the female anims (nor Nali/skaarj etc.) and don't have any plans too.

I've got most of the major movement animations done for the male models. I imported each frame (or every other frame) into CharacterFX (after exporting/orienting/scaling in Milkshape3D) and then posed my skeletal model to match... it has been very, very, very time consuming. Unfortunately UT99 does not allow linking multiple .psa animation files to a mesh at runtime via the LinkAnim functions (unlike UT2k4), and my anim sets are across ~10 different .psa files so I also have to write a .psa file combiner program too to generate a single final .psa file.

Let me know what model file type would be handy to have the skeletal reference in and if MS3D can export that i will include that too.

I intend the eventually release a scaled down version of my YARM mod for UT99... but that might take years.
Seems i missed some posts in this topic did not see your answer earlier. Sounds very cool. Isnt there a program that combines different PSA files? UnPSA? Or something? Or is that something different? Anyway looks like you are much more knowledgable then me :)
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

so what is the original UT99 rig? the one that is build in inside Milkshape?
which 1 would be best to use?
i sorted out all vertex animation of Fcommando, if anyone is interested i have made it into .blend .fbx and 3dsMax2012 files.
Fcommando_vertex_animated.7z
(13.1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
i could maybe try to use the first and last frames of each animation as reference for keyframes with a rig if i have the interest and time for it some day.
sortedoutvertexanimationsFcommando.jpg
i named each first and last object of every animation.