Why should I change the old server?

Discussions about UT99
buby
Average

Why should I change the old server?

Post by buby »

Hi everyone,

I am really a noobs, but I was looking around the UT Server Browser. Is this section only for ppl who has a to manage the server where is located UT99 or what??
Looking inside on the FAQ is written that can be modified the file "UnrealTournament.ini" Why shouldby replacing, in the section [IpDrv.MasterServerLink], the old Epic Games entry (red) with two of the 333networks-affiliated masterserver entries (green).
Well the question is that right now, when I start to play I find the server with any problems, therefore I would like to know why I should replace the server?

Thanks
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Why should I change the old server?

Post by papercoffee »

Because the Epic masterserver is no more.
If you want to find more gaming server you should use the new community masterserver.
If you have the newest patch installed then fixing this is a click of a button and doesn't have to be edited in the ini file.
buby
Average

Post by buby »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:57 pm Because the Epic masterserver is no more.
If you want to find more gaming server you should use the new community masterserver.
If you have the newest patch installed then fixing this is a click of a button and doesn't have to be edited in the ini file.
Are you tell me that I have to download the patch v469d?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

buby wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:14 am Are you tell me that I have to download the patch v469d?
You don't have to, but it would be advisable if you haven't already.
For newer machines (and middle old machines) are in there a lot of fixes.
Only very old machines could get issues (as far as I know) ...it's always better to create a backup of your UT install before you apply the patch.
buby
Average

Post by buby »

Thanks for your advices!