Need utx viewer that shows textures' real aspect ratio

External tools, software and sites for creating or editing UT99 resources.
frk
Novice

Need utx viewer that shows textures' real aspect ratio

Post by frk »

Hello to everybody.

I need a UT textures browser/viewer that shows thumbnails with real aspect ratio of images, mainly to identify pillars and trims and see their real aspect.

Texture browser of UnrealEd 2 repeats the image to fill the thumbnail's square, utx-viewer 331 doesn't work (there's no scrollbar to scroll down thumbnails), Unreal Services Package Explorer stretches texture to fill the thumbnails square and shows always "128x128x256" no matter which size has the texture, UT Package Tool has no thumbnails view at all, and Umodel simply doesn't start (to me). :(

Please, could you suggest to me a simple tool to view UT textures thumbnails with real aspect ratio? It has to work under Windows 9x/XP or at least XP, please.

Thank you in advance!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Need utx viewer that shows textures' real aspect ratio

Post by OjitroC »

For me, UT Package Tool v2.0 Beta 5 shows thumbnails of textures, their dimensions (128x128, 128x256, etc, etc) and their flags - useful when looking at maps as it shows the textures in a map (if any) or when viewing .u files that may contain textures - not something I use much to actually view a number of texture files.

For viewing textures, I use UTXGaffer - a drag and drop texture viewer which I use to look at skins in particular - it can be found here.
frk
Novice

Post by frk »

Thank you very much for your kind reply :)

I came back to the internal browser of UnrealEd2 :wink:
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

frk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:39 pm Texture browser of UnrealEd 2 repeats the image to fill the thumbnail's square
This is only if you set it to show textures in a set size such as 128² or 256². If you set it to show texture at 100% of their size, they will have the correct aspect ratio
TB.png
You must construct additional pylons.
frk
Novice

Post by frk »

Thank you very much, and excuse me for late, I'm a bit ill.

I'm really enjoying the power of UnrealEd2: 20 years ago I was too busy to appreciate it, and I ended up playing a bit with it but never ending a single complete map. Now that I have time and patience I'm focusing on details and it's very satisfying :agree1:

Again, sorry for my english, it's not my language. :oops: