It's been a long time but I need a little help

Discussions about UT99
Otto Kontroll
Novice
Personal rank: Private

It's been a long time but I need a little help

Post by Otto Kontroll »

Just getting back into UT and I am trying to get recreate everything I had in the day.

However, for the life of me, I don't remember on how to install a "uMod" file. I downloaded some giant map files but they are in the uMod state.

It's been a long time but how do I install a uMod file?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

oTTo
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: It's been a long time but I need a little help

Post by OjitroC »

I just use a Umod extractor like UMODTOOL, UMod Browser or Umodextractor which unpacks the files and I then move them manually to their appropriate locations. I do this so I can check what is actually in the umod and so have total control over what is installed and, indeed, where it is installed. Should you want to use one of those tools, have a look at medor's site.

I don't have Windows and so can't help with associating UT with the umod filetype but it is, from memory, easy to do and then you can install the files from a umod in a couple of clicks.
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Hi, you can install UMod files by double clicking them, however they can overwrite information so I recommend installing UMod files manually by using tools like UMODExtractor which allows you to manually install every file that's in a UMod file separately.
Somewhere in Nevada...
Otto Kontroll
Novice
Personal rank: Private

Post by Otto Kontroll »

Thank you Guys - I will go the UMODExtractor method first.

Your information is greatly appreciated!

oTTo