TickrateSwitcher

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
rxut99
Novice

TickrateSwitcher

Post by rxut99 »

Tickrate Switcher is a simple mutator that dynamically changes the server tickrate based on Level Info URL parameters.

Faatures:
  • Set your server Tickrate based on different game mods and voting options
  • TickrateSwitcher adjusts both NetServerMaxTickRate and LanServerMaxTickRate for the current NetworkDevice and DemoRecordingDevice
  • When the tickrate is switched, a message will show in the server log
Server-side Installation:
  • Copy TickrateSwitcher.u into the System directory of your server
  • Ensure the TickrateSwitcher mutator is included in the server mutator list. e.g. Mutators=TickrateSwitcher.TR
  • Add Parameters=?Tickrate=128 or Parameters=?Tickrate=60 or any desired tickrate inside your Map Vote as a part of settings.
I highly recommend using VoteSys by Deoad as your Map Vote mod (https://github.com/Deaod/VoteSys).

Source code and the latest version are also available at https://github.com/rxut/TickrateSwitcher

Acknowledgments:

Thanks to Deoad, Buggie, and Marco from the OldUnreal team for helping clean up the code.

Thanks to Eternity for his suggestions on how to improve TickrateSwitcher.

Also, thanks to devereux (https://utctfpug.com/discord), who was the first to come up with the idea and create a mod like this.
Attachments
TickrateSwitcher.u
TickrateSwitcher v1.1
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Last edited by rxut99 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: TickrateSwitcher

Post by Barbie »

Sounds like a server-side-only mutator: why list in ServerPackages then?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
rxut99
Novice

Post by rxut99 »

Barbie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:56 am Sounds like a server-side-only mutator: why list in ServerPackages then?
That's correct. I've updated the instructions. Thanks!
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Preferrable way to access a net driver tickrate variable would be through "ini:Engine.Engine.NetworkDevice" - most implementations of tickrate switchers i have already seen in the past years accessed it exactly this way, because server may use custom network devices, e.g. XC_IpDrv.XC_TcpNetDriver or something else...
Also, it is necessary to update "LanServerMaxTickrate" variable too, not only "NetServerMaxTickrate", because that variable is being used if server was started with "-lanplay" parameter...
rxut99
Novice

Post by rxut99 »

Eternity wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:38 am Preferrable way to access a net driver tickrate variable would be through "ini:Engine.Engine.NetworkDevice" - most implementations of tickrate switchers i have already seen in the past years accessed it exactly this way, because server may use custom network devices, e.g. XC_IpDrv.XC_TcpNetDriver or something else...
Also, it is necessary to update "LanServerMaxTickrate" variable too, not only "NetServerMaxTickrate", because that variable is being used if server was started with "-lanplay" parameter...
Thanks! Those are great suggestions. I've updated the mod to include all of those.