skin names on servers

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Baardman
Skilled

skin names on servers

Post by Baardman »

so im trying to help set up skins on a server but the names of the current one seems to not directly correspond to the names they have in the package.
it confuses me that the current texture for "BotFaces[0]" has the name "CommandoSkins.Blake" i see no such name in the package, only 1 with the name "cmdo5Blake"

commandonames2.jpg
blake.png
blake.png (10.49 KiB) Viewed 196 times
commandoskinscmdo5blake.png
commandoskinscmdo2blake.png
commandoskinscmdo2blakeint.png
   
Auto merged new post submitted 10 minutes later
soldierskinselon3int.png
soldierskinselon3utx.png
can anyone tell me which names to use here for the Elon skins?

Would this be correct?
blakeelon.jpg
it seems the package/textures name after "Botfaces" like in the screenshot i showed does not correspond with the exact name of the textures in the .utx and .int of that texture. There is no texture in CommandoSkins with the exact name "Blake". does Unreal Tournament use the "discription" name of that texture for 'BotFaces" ? Also CommandoSkins.cmdo seems to just use every texture that begins with cmdo, is that how it works?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: skin names on servers

Post by EvilGrins »

Numbers indicating which textures go on what part of models tend to vary somewhat, but those with 5 in them are usually for Talk Textures.

Names, however, aren't automatic. Simply selecting a skin doesn't name the bot. You have to name your bots manually.

Most of the bots I run aren't named by anything in their texture package.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

Is anyone willing to test my skin on his client and or server?
The skins works for my pc locally as seen in this video

but someone else seems to only to get it to display in the selection menu. its face gets reverted back to a default face whenever starting a match with error in log "ScriptLog: Failed to load SoldierSkinsElon3.tump4trump2 so load SoldierSkins.blkt4"
Soldierskinselon3.7z
(549.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
inpu.jpg
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

Okay it seems to work now. Anyone maybe has some creative ideas for the body skin? I was thinking of combining something from the Tesla and X logo and its colors but im not sure how i want it exactly. Also im thinking of creating a voicepack using some catch lines and use Ai for some voice commands.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A voicepack would be good :tu:

For Real People, my personal view is that it is best to use their normal attire as a skin rather than alter one of the default male soldier skins - that way they are more 'authentic' and more recognisable (see the Bill Gates model and Bill Clinton skin as examples - basically suits of various colours, though the team colours for Bill Gates are not, in my view, 'good'). The Trump skin for a TacOps model is another example though the clothes are fairly casual but I think it works, particularly with the Trump voicepack. My George Bush and Richard Nixon ScriptedPawns (using the male soldier model) have black suits, black boots and black gloves - formal attire perhaps for a formal occasion (like an Unreal Tournament :P ).

Not very creattive I must admit and it depends, of course, on the extent to which you want the skin/model to mirror or reproduce the real-life character. If you don't want to produce a real-life character then your idea sounds promising - run with that and see where it takes you.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Baardman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:08 am Is anyone willing to test my skin on his client and or server?
Just going from your screenshots, the head looks too small for the body. Mostly appears due to no attempt to match the skin colors of the face to those on the body, which makes it seem too small.

Might seem less so if you tried to lighten the skin color of the neck.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758