Aida VoicePack

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Aida VoicePack

Post by OjitroC »

With the porting of the Aida model to UT99 thanks to EL-DORADO Servers, I decided to create a voicepack for her, partly for my own enjoyment (as I like to use authentic sounds for specific characters where at all possible) but also, hopefully, for the enjoyment of others who may want to use that model and want her to have her own (authentic) voice.
Aida.png
AidaU2VP.7z
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
I have taken what I consider to be appropriate voice clips from Unreal II : The Awakening. Given the single player nature of that game and that she does not have a direct combat role, there are some limitations in the type and content of the voice clips. I have been as creative as I can in assigning clips to most of the default Order and Other sounds categories as, of course, nothing she says in Unreal II relates directly to those categories. It was somewhat easier to find sounds for the Ack, FriendlyFire and Taunt categories - however there are no leader name sounds as she doesn't say anything in the game that even approximates to them.

Have a read through the Readme for further details.

I claim no great credit for this as all I have done is to comb through the OGG files of Unreal II for suitable voice clips; convert them to WAV files and create the Voice Pack - basically a couple of evenings 'work'. Feel free to add, remove or repurpose the sounds - just give the resulting VP a different name should you wish to distribute it.

Enjoy!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Aida VoicePack

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Good job with this! Always happy to hear more voices from the Unreal series :P
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Aida VoicePack

Post by OjitroC »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 am Good job with this! Always happy to hear more voices from the Unreal series :P
Thanks. Always open to suggestions - tend to focus on specific voices for specific characters, giving characters their own authentic voice (hence Konoko and Aida), rather than more generic voices from 'characters' who don't have a model or skin in UT.