The Gibatorium (V2 UPDATE) - SP/DM Map for EXU2 v7

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
jaypeezy
Experienced

The Gibatorium (V2 UPDATE) - SP/DM Map for EXU2 v7

Post by jaypeezy »

NOTE: Version 2 Update Released, Changes Included:

The Gibatorium is an action-packed, multi-story site for countless variations on destruction. You'll make your way out of an industrial munitions processing facility, set in an arcane location. Expect the full arsenal of Excessive Unreal 2 at your disposal: weapons, deployable items, stationary guns, environmental traps, and the juiced up enemies you know to use it all against.

Includes:
- Full EXU2 arsenal and plentiful items for use
- Extensive use of gameplay filtering: expect a different experience on each difficulty!
- EXUBarrels, maybe too many of them
- Interactive level design
- Stationary weapons
- Improvements and fixes to EXU2 via EXUMPWeapons
- Gameplay improvements via other, included optional custom mutators
- A remix to a classic UT99 song!

Requirements:
- EXU v7: https://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtop ... =37&t=4253

Installation:
- Pick your preferred format (end of this post)
- Run the .umod file which should extract everything where needed

Play:
- Use the OldSkool console to launch a game on this map
- Or run the commands like so in the console to launch the map to your liking:

BASIC:
open exu2-ca-gibatorium][?Game=exu2bi.exu2game?difficulty=0
open exu2-ca-gibatorium][?Game=exu2bi.exu2game?difficulty=1
open exu2-ca-gibatorium][?Game=exu2bi.exu2game?difficulty=2
open exu2-ca-gibatorium][?Game=exu2bi.exu2game?difficulty=3

RECOMMENDED MUTATORS:
[font=monospace]open exu2-ca-gibatorium][?Game=exu2bi.exu2game?difficulty=0?mutator=EXU.EXUHealthRecharger,EXU.EXUWeaponModifier,EXUMPWeapons.EXUMpReplace,PawnKillMessage.PawnKillMessage[/font]

Version 2 Update Released, Changes Included:
- Fixed critical bug wherein monsters spawn in Unreal difficulty get stuck in 'Attacking' mode without a target
- Updated lift movers to be state 'StandOpenTimed' and bumpType 'PawnType' thus deprecating the need for PawnElevatorFix mutator
- Increased inventory respawn rates for each difficulty, increasing the challenge appropriately
- Fixed several instances of Advanced Spawn System (ASS) Master objects

Links below have been updated.

Download:
- RAR:
- ZIP:
- UMOD:

Screenshots
Spoiler
Last edited by jaypeezy on Sat May 11, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virgile
Average

Re: The Gibatorium - SP/DM Map for EXU2 v7

Post by Virgile »

I just tried it, very nice map. x)
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Gibatorium ?

LoLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,,,,,killin me here. LoL

BEST name ever !! after ALL THESE YEARS.
Binary Space Partitioning
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@jaypeezy
Should/does the PawnKillMessage mutator work outside the EXU environement? It certainly worked in DM-EXU-Gibatorium][ but didn't work in another map I played (in which I was playing against ScriptedPawns spawned by MonsterSpawn - the other mutators I used were the same for both maps).

I only played the initial part of DM-EXU-Gibatorium][, just to get a feel for it, but it certainly looks good fun and challenging :gj:

I had this in the log
Spoiler
LevelDesignError: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSController13 WaveDelayMax is 2.000000 and is less than SpawnDelayMin, which is 5.000000. This is dumb! Setting Max to match Min. Fix this in UED!
ScriptLog: Warning: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.Mover66 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
ScriptLog: Warning: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.Mover65 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
ASSNodeDebugger: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSNode27 No offset defined; using Self.Location ( 2618.000000,-66.000000,7378.100098 ) for all spawn attempts.
ASSNodeDebugger: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSNode31 No offset defined; using Self.Location ( 3585.000000,-1.000000,6610.100098 ) for all spawn attempts.
ASSNodeDebugger: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSNode40 No offset defined; using Self.Location ( 2688.000000,511.000000,6610.100098 ) for all spawn attempts.
ASSNodeDebugger: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSNode41 No offset defined; using Self.Location ( 2689.000000,-511.000000,6610.100098 ) for all spawn attempts.
ASSNodeDebugger: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSNode42 No offset defined; using Self.Location ( 2687.000000,-576.000000,6354.100098 ) for all spawn attempts.
ASSNodeDebugger: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSNode43 No offset defined; using Self.Location ( 2687.230957,575.307556,6354.100098 ) for all spawn attempts.

{a line like this for each of the Flares in the map}
ScriptWarning: ClusternukeFlare DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ClusternukeFlare0 (Function Botpack.TournamentPickup.BecomeItem:0013) Accessed None 'Instigator'

{Odd as there are pathnodes - perhaps 'valid' is important here - not 'linked' to the ASSControllers, if they should be}
LevelDesignError: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSController2 Warning: No valid PathNodes exist in the level! Fix this in UED if you want to have a viable backup system available for your ASSNodes. You should also have path nodes so pawns can actually, y'know, move properly.
LevelDesignError: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSController4 Warning: No valid PathNodes exist in the level! Fix this in UED if you want to have a viable backup system available for your ASSNodes. You should also have path nodes so pawns can actually, y'know, move properly.
LevelDesignError: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSController5 Warning: No valid PathNodes exist in the level! Fix this in UED if you want to have a viable backup system available for your ASSNodes. You should also have path nodes so pawns can actually, y'know, move properly.
LevelDesignError: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSController7 Warning: No valid PathNodes exist in the level! Fix this in UED if you want to have a viable backup system available for your ASSNodes. You should also have path nodes so pawns can actually, y'know, move properly.
LevelDesignError: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSController9 Warning: No valid PathNodes exist in the level! Fix this in UED if you want to have a viable backup system available for your ASSNodes. You should also have path nodes so pawns can actually, y'know, move properly.
LevelDesignError: DM-EXU-Gibatorium][.ASSController1 Warning: No valid PathNodes exist in the level! Fix this in UED if you want to have a viable backup system available for your ASSNodes. You should also have path nodes so pawns can actually, y'know, move properly.
Buggie's and sektor's map checking tools pointed to a number of issues (some of which may impact how the map 'performs' online) that you may wish to investigate.
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

@OjitroC thanks for the playthrough and feedback!

Yes, the PawnKillMessage mutator should work outside of this map/gametype. Odd if you're not seeing that. I'll try that offline later.

I also overlooked the matter of multiplayer for the most part. Intended this as an offline DM/SP map. But I could go back to this in the future and release a SE edition with those fixes from using the debugging tools mentioned.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

jaypeezy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:25 pm Yes, the PawnKillMessage mutator should work outside of this map/gametype. Odd if you're not seeing that. I'll try that offline later.
Yes it is odd - I can't really think of a reason. As I say I used the same mutators so it can't be down to that. Everything spawned in MonsterSpawn is a ScriptedPawn (either subclasses of default UnrealI/UnrealShare ScriptedPawns or of weapon-holders which are child classes of Skaarj or of SkaarjTrooper). I'll try it in a few more different maps.