multinicked names from author maps/muts/etc

Discussions about UT99
darksonny
Adept

multinicked names from author maps/muts/etc

Post by darksonny »

Hi all ut fellow players (whatever version, mainly ut goty):

Im getting a lot of confusion when locating a specific author when you are lookin' for a map, mappack, mutator, mod, voicepack or skinpack (whatever things author did). An example this post could illustrate you the problem:
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?p=147738#p147738

Who or how many nicks does this guy called Nix or Lunic or whatever? or how many nicks could have author?
Is here any post with a sort of table with the nick's author to see their relations?
I've seen at unrealarchive site and there are cases like this, im confused and misguided when I try to locate a author to put together in my collection
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: multinicked names from author maps/muts/etc

Post by UnrealGGecko »

niX (aka nix°bl) and Nix (aka Lunic) might be the big one really, especially when one was a CTF and BT guy who dabbled in sniper maps, and the other is a sniper man who's recently learned BT mapping :lol2:
Basically how to differntiate them is check the dates if the map name has a clan tag like [NES] or if the map is after 2010 it's Lunic, if it's a smaller map and before that year it's nix°bl.
darksonny
Adept

Re: multinicked names from author maps/muts/etc

Post by darksonny »

Thanks for the info!
Besides other authors who have used more than one nickname, do you know of any others? It would be nice to make a list of multinick authors, sometimes it's hard to know who it is...